theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 31-05-12, 01:45 PM   #1
KirkJames

KirkJames will become famous soon enough
Revs going silly??

Right, had my car into Fast Fit this morning as they hadn't done the center section properly and was rattling like a good 'un. Took about 20 mins, they put a new center section on and I drove away. Stopped at the lights and now the car is going from 1200 revs down to about 400 then back and so on and so on. Any ideas why this should all of a sudden start happening and how can I stop it? The car is slowly starting to upset me with all the little niggles it seems to develop.
KirkJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-12, 01:49 PM   #2
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Idle air control valve will be fouled up with oil from the vapours of the breathing system,very common and very easy to sort out,in fact just back in from cleaning mines up as it was starting to play up as well do a quick on it there are how to's and question about this all over the site
Old 31-05-12, 09:05 PM   #3
KirkJames

I don't think it was that Grimmy, I only cleaned it out about 3 weeks ago and it was absolutely spot on before they changed the exhaust.
But...................

It appears that it has miraculously healed itself, it's not doing it anymore. I am very confused lol
Old 31-05-12, 09:11 PM   #4
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Worth checking though mines messed me about for while and they can fail.
Old 31-05-12, 09:30 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Not the throttle cable adjustment???
Old 31-05-12, 11:55 PM   #6
KirkJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Worth checking though mines messed me about for while and they can fail.
Yeah I will have another look and clean up before I travel down to Gatwick next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Not the throttle cable adjustment???
It may be Peter, I did adjust this recently. Maybe I did it up a bit too much, I will try but can't see how this would start all of a sudden. Will still have a look though.