theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-09-12, 09:06 PM   #51
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the speed camera advice. Is anyone coming handy with a soldering iron and electrics? I need to wire up my VIS lights.............
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 09:13 PM   #52
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
No idea, I have an iron and solder but will be a bit busy for a while! Is it one of James's kits? Should be easy enough I would have thought. I made my own PCB when I did mine some years ago.
Old 08-09-12, 09:16 PM   #53
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Yep its one of James kits. Im always nervous with electrics. Will see, got a gearbox to fix first..............Im off to get some rest, early start. See you tomorrow...
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 09:29 PM   #54
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Righto! Bummer no MOTD tonight! Just when you start getting into it again.
Old 08-09-12, 10:00 PM   #55
Sonic_160zr
Events Organiser England

Sonic_160zr will become famous soon enough
Ill chuck my soldering stuff in the car. might be able to give you a hand

Cheers,
Matt
Old 09-09-12, 07:44 AM   #56
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Its a shame I can't find any childcare.. your going to be about 30 second drive from me! Of course of I can help with any parts left over then shout

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 07:48 AM   #57
stamford
Site Owner

Is Dan coming to you on the way down? Any luck with those slave cylinder pushrods Sam?
Old 09-09-12, 10:15 AM   #58
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Is Dan coming to you on the way down? Any luck with those slave cylinder pushrods Sam?
No idea what time Dan is getting here

I have found one pushrod.. I can't remember if it is an OE or Sheddist one though (I had two sizes of Sheddist one...) I have not found the box with all the old sheddist parts yet... if I do find it then I will let you know

I'll send this push rod over with Dan if he comes here first, your welcome to do what is necessary with it.

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 06:08 PM   #59
stamford
Site Owner

A big thanks to Dan, Gordon and Matt for today's 'mini to do meet' at my place. With their help and moral support I have my ZS mojo back!

My old gearbox is now back in and all is good in the zed world, alas no Torsen B, but I'll have to strip and re-build the other one to see what is wrong. We all got stuck in and washed the poor thing too as was looking rough.

Dan got on and fitted a replacement bumper and Laguna splitter on his red zed with Gordons help. Looks really good now.

Matt needed a replacement plenum as his was rattling, so happened I had a good spare and ended up fitting that at the end of the day, so another good job done. Ran out of time to do Gordons vis indicators, hopefully we can do this another time?

A big thanks to you all and just shows what a great forum community we have here.

I'll be taking the car to work this week so will report how I get on with the lightened flywheel mod.
Old 09-09-12, 06:15 PM   #60
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Good news. well done lads,told you a wee meet and blether about things Zs related would sort you out.