AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 23-05-13, 09:00 PM   #111
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
It rained here today, brought my heated screen project to a stop, but on the upside some tasty engine bay eye candy arrived today.

Is Dan an option for the loom ?.
I had a brief facbook chat with Dan, he said he would run me through it tomorrow when he was on his computer rather than his phone.

If that happens, i will give it a go of course (assuming it all makes sense).

If not im gonna go in carmadbaker stylee and swap the lot, then get the dials updated at a later date !
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 09:15 PM   #112
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure once Dans run you through it all will become clear.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 03:40 PM   #113
Din

Rad and intercooler issue overcome 8)

All pipe work test fitted

Old 27-05-13, 01:19 PM   #114
Din

I have no broadband and phonelines dead... Its not a runner and there is still loads to do... But it's progress.
Old 30-05-13, 05:16 PM   #115
Din

Broadband service resumed !!!

Bt had inadvertently disconnected the line while doing maintenance... took them 6 hours to find and fix it.
Old 09-06-13, 03:38 PM   #116
Din

Lack of time is irritating !

simply have not had the time !

basically... me and Vard got board looking at diagrams... and said, balls... put the 400 loom in.

This in itself is a major challenge, and incredibly time consuming...

But im halfway through putting the dash back in at the moment..

Also... when carmadbaker said "label everything"... he was right !

What the hell are these for lol.

Also, the clock has a completely different plug on it, i presume this is simply because the old 400 type clock got inf from the radio as well... i think i will just dispense with those other wires and just use the four i need (colours match up).

One other thing... there is a pink wire that comes out the 5as unit (grey plug)... that someone had twisted and taped a wire too... god knows what thats for ????

Oh, and before i put the engine in i also swapped my speedodrives over.

And replaced my pas pump gasket.

Dunno if the pas pump is gonna be ok (i have another if not) because i kinda dropped or while getting the keyway for the waterpump off.... there are lots of little parts in there ! had to grab a youtube vid of a guy rebuilding a landrover pump to see how it all went back together

Anyway, i need another good weekend on it to make some real progress, but i was working as was Lisa this weekend, so i only had a couple of hours yesterday which i spent doing the heater controls and dash.

Im handing in my notice at work tomorrow though and i know i have a days holiday to use... so i may try for another long weekend before i leave to get this a bit more up together
Old 09-06-13, 04:04 PM   #117
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Good work, I had the engine bay loom in pieces this week, the alternator charging cable had 3 joins hidden between the alternator and starter motor, not bad for a piece of wire 5 feet long, mostly back together now, but I ran out of useable split conduit.

Finding the time is a pita, I'm not working at the moment so it isn't a big problem.

Handing in your notice ?, I thought you'd not been there long.

Old 09-06-13, 06:01 PM   #118
Din

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post

Handing in your notice ?, I thought you'd not been there long.
Thanks pete !

Um, no your right, I have not been at Vw long... 7 months, but I'm just not enjoying it really, the workshop I'm in is old and not very well lit, they have tried to spruce it up a little with fresh paint but it's still not great.

The product.... Is light years behind BMW in terms of tech and quality, very bland and not overly interesting.

And as per usual, management sucks... They shut the other local Vw place as the just spent 2 million on our place at Vw s request... So now we have more techs and more managers... So, one workshop controller, one service manager, one deputy service manager, one aftersales manager, and a generall manager... As you can imagine, they clash a lot, and it feeds back to us... The lack of organization is laughable tbh.

Obviously it's not facebookable untill end of play tomorrow, as I plan to do the deed in the morning.

But I have been made a slightly better offer by Mercedes benze.. an extra days holiday, almost another grand (enough to cover pension payments and not effect my wage) (never had a pension and I'm 28)... Oh and private health care again (was very usefull when I needed my apendix out).

So I can't see any reason to stay at Vw really lol.
Old 09-06-13, 06:27 PM   #119
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Strikes me there's too many managers, all the best with MB though.

Old 09-06-13, 06:27 PM   #120
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
Thanks pete !

Um, no your right, I have not been at Vw long... 7 months, but I'm just not enjoying it really, the workshop I'm in is old and not very well lit, they have tried to spruce it up a little with fresh paint but it's still not great.

The product.... Is light years behind BMW in terms of tech and quality, very bland and not overly interesting.

And as per usual, management sucks... They shut the other local Vw place as the just spent 2 million on our place at Vw s request... So now we have more techs and more managers... So, one workshop controller, one service manager, one deputy service manager, one aftersales manager, and a generall manager... As you can imagine, they clash a lot, and it feeds back to us... The lack of organization is laughable tbh.

Obviously it's not facebookable untill end of play tomorrow, as I plan to do the deed in the morning.

But I have been made a slightly better offer by Mercedes benze.. an extra days holiday, almost another grand (enough to cover pension payments and not effect my wage) (never had a pension and I'm 28)... Oh and private health care again (was very usefull when I needed my apendix out).

So I can't see any reason to stay at Vw really lol.
I see this being a theme with VW. I work in the parts side of things and the way the management and structure of things goes it's laughable.
MG ZS 180 Saloon Starlight Silver - 2003 Current

MG ZS TD Saloon XPower Grey 2004 Gone
MG ZS 180 Saloon Trophy Blue 2003 Gone
Rover BRM Gone
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote