theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

ArcadeModifications AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > Off Topic

Old 07-05-19, 11:17 AM   #1
p_b82
Smoky turbo weasel

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Santa Pod - Festival of Power

Over Easter weekend I went up to Santa Pod for the Festival of power.

Not sure if any-one else is interested, but here's the pics I took. (link to a google album)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eWM46BpC6DtJzjMB9

didn't get any video/pics of the noisier stuff as I forgot my earplugs, and fingers were needed.

the rocketbike was impressive - 260mph standing 1/4mile...

but the topfuel dragsters were something else - the sheer noise and drama of them - plus the time, or lack of it, they took to go the 1/4mile.

Have to say I have a little more respect for Richard Hammond for even getting in one, let alone trying to drive it!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-19, 05:20 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
lovely day for it.

I took my derv up there for "run what you brung", think it was mid mods, before the SDi's, but boost up, decat and s.s cat back, panel air filter.

Think it was 17.5 sec and 89 mph but I was pleased with that. Always wanted to go back now its 158 and 238 just to see what it will do.
Old 08-05-19, 09:14 PM   #3
talkingcars
Site Supporter

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
.forgot my earplugs, and fingers were needed.....
there is a photo on facebook of my 2 year old grandson close to trackside at the pod, fast asleep in his push chair wearing a massive headphones.
Old 09-05-19, 08:09 AM   #4
p_b82
Smoky turbo weasel

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah - my niece bought (well her dad did) a set of ear defenders as the police/jet 306 was so loud it made her cry (and it was not the loudest thing there by far!)

The same niece was fast asleep at motogp when she was a baby with a smaller set of ear defenders parked round her head!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote