theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 08-03-13, 09:22 PM   #31
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Something else worth having off a facelift 25 or 45 is the Black with chrome ring dash vents, they work much better than the Silver ones in the mk2 zs and zr.
I actually saw some of those in the scapyard today, they were in a car that had its roof cut off by the fire service and unfortunately they had damaged the two outer ones! the centre two may have been fine though!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13, 09:28 PM   #32
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
By the looks of it you have got a decent car, you still get niggles with a new one!
Old 09-03-13, 07:25 PM   #33
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Took the door cards off again today to put some more sound deadening material onto them.

Much nicer in there now, can barely hear the electric window motor!
And the door closes with a satisfying thud now (nothing like a golf BTW).

Door cards back in with the old style grey insert Classy.

Next on the agenda.

These are to go in next.
The speakers are for the rear shelf and once they are in the shelf will also be getting some sound deadening material as will the boot lid as that is just bare metal!

Gonna be a luxury cruiser yet!
Old 15-03-13, 02:17 PM   #34
Skillen

Just heard the car is ready to pick up after needing both rear calipers and pads replaced.
I did think it was a tad slow and they were both gummed up and were binding!
Going to pick it up soon and see what it's like and no more ridiculous head turning squeal!
Old 18-03-13, 08:19 PM   #35
Skillen

Fitted my alpine rear co-axial speakers today:

After this I put some soundproofing on the underside of the parcel shelf.
Was gonna put some on the boot lid but decided not to as it would have looked horrible - Did the mk1 saloons come with a sound proofing mat on the boot lid?

Got to get some double sided velcro to put the original speaker covers back on to cover the new speakers up.

Got the replacement wing badges to go on today as well:

Should tidy it up a little on the outside.
Old 30-03-13, 01:03 PM   #36
Skillen

Fitted the alpine CDA-117ri head unit (the dash on these cars is a bloody nightmare with so little room behind the headunit!
Routed the iPhone connection/control behind and through the centre console to come out through the ash tray.

But figured it wouldn't have much reach like that
So did a bit of bodging on the ashtray as there is a hole in the side where a clear orange cap is in place so that the iPod connector would go though.

Plus side is that it can all be pushed into the ash tray to keep it clutter free.

Also fitted the mk1 arm rest to it as it is a bit more plush.
Problem was that the retaining clips are different on the lids so needed to be swapped to keep the lid shut properly.

And swapped the mk1 glovebox over as it is flocked inside and noticed the distinct lack of sound insulation behind the mk2 dash compared to the mk1!
Old 01-04-13, 10:52 AM   #37
Skillen

Put these on order today:
http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/alpin...l#.UVljvoe9LCQ

Means that the sound system will be sorted enough for the time being until I save up for 2x 8inch subs and 2x amps to amp all the speakers.

When these are here the front doors will be getting both inner and outer skins sound deadened, the backs of the door cards will have underlay on the insides as well.

The window runners will be sprayed with silicon lube at this point also.

Ordered heated seat squabs and backs too.
Just need to wait for a seat upgrade to some alcantaras and fit them before the seats go in which should be easier.

With the seats out the carpet will be properly cleaned and I'll have a look at the floor pan sound deadening at this point.

Hoping to have all of the interior stuff done by summer and then I can get saving for the bodywork sorting by the end of the year at which point it will be engine mods all in time for completion by PoL 2014 which will hopefully see a mint car with the works!
Old 01-04-13, 02:35 PM   #38
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
Cracking job you done there, I can deffo recommend sound proofing the floor pan. I did this to mine along with the door cards and pillar trims (got the roof and boot to do yet), you will certainly notice a difference
Old 01-04-13, 03:32 PM   #39
Skillen

I hope so! It's a lot less refined with regards to road noise than the mk1 it seems.
Not sure if its a result of the lack of sound proofing behind the dash :/
Old 04-04-13, 04:51 PM   #40
Skillen

These arrived today!

They look a pain to wire up though!

Mmmm technology-y-y-y-y.

Along with my replacement headlamps.

Hopefully they'll be in along with the speakers in time for PoL

And the heated seat bases. Just waiting on the backs and have to get some switches.