Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 31-03-13, 12:08 PM   #11
Rikki55

Rikki55 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
good car got even better, wish I had such a great car when I was your age!!!

Thanks a lot, yeah its a great car considering I'm only 21!! totally love it! Just love the noise and the way it drives!

Still get a lot of 'oh it's just a Rover, why did you get an MG?' rubbish from my mates but that opinion soon changes after I take them out around the block where they miraculously change their opinions on MGs soon after!
Rikki55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-13, 04:14 PM   #12
Rikki55

Been a while since ive updated this thread... But its been progress time for the ol ZS!

Well the past few weeks have been quite busy for the ZS and also my poor wallet!

Firstly she had a little (ish) service a out 2 weeks ago - Just a set of Champion Spark Plugs and new HT leads, and took the Bwarpp filter off and replaced back to standard with a nice new clean paper filter sounds a lot quiter and runs better IMO.

And then... THE HG BLEW

Luckily I managed to notice early and didn't have to drive the car too long with the Oil mixing with the coolant - was about 3 days so about 90 miles, no more than 3k RPM and plenty of water and oil in reserve incase it properly went, luckily it didn't

And then it was MOT time!

ZS sitting on the ramps!

And it was a straight pass! good times! Tester commented on how well looked after the car was bodywork and underneath! So that was all good and only cost me £40! Good ol family freind MOT places
Even passed the emmisions with a blowing HG

Then later that evening Captian Slow (Iain) turned up to change the HG on the car! All I had to do was supply tea and Gold and he was more than happy, in his element removing every oil soaked nut and bolt the ZS could offer him to remove!

Head off!

Managed to complete the HG change and also a PAS belt in about 3 and a half hours which was bloody impressive considering he was doing it mostly solo! Top man!

I was also advised to run a bit of premium fuel in the old girl as it reveals that the cheaper petrol I had been getting from Sainsburys likes to carbon up the cylinder head to some extent! Plus it feels a tad more responsive running a higher RON petrol too

Anyway with a fresh MOT, fresh HG, scorpion backbox, cambelt, oil and coolant to be replaced soon! And also the addiction of my 180 side skirts and front splitter, I must say that my ZS has come a long way from when I first set eyes on her a few months back! I think I'm almost done modifying it to how I want her now! So I'm one very happy owner!

There may be a few more upgrades down the line such as:
Rover 45 leather steering wheel,
Better tires
Get the bloody aircon working!
But apart from that I'm all happy!

Here's some pics of her after a full wash, polish, wax and detail (Autoglym )

FEW ARTY SHOTS

Under Bonney pics after a quick spruce up - not perfect as my header tank is filthy from where I'm still flushing the remnants of the HG failure..

Still loving the interior..

Scorpion Exhaust..

Rover 45 Headlights anyone...?

How about Grey?

So yeah... Thats it for now..!

Comments and criticisms welcome

Rik
Old 22-04-13, 04:47 PM   #13
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-13, 06:05 PM   #14
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good work ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-13, 09:07 PM   #15
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Nice looking motor.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-13, 01:26 PM   #16
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
looking good there...

I am glad to know i am also not the only one that just has knackered Aircon.. just can't keep it working for more than a few months at a time

once you get some decent rubber on the corners you will really find out how well the zs grips in the corners

I was 22 when i picked up my ZS - had her for 9 years now, and only thought of selling a few times in all that time
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-13, 01:40 PM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

good to see someone putting the time and money in getting the car sorted.

Looking good.

Old 23-04-13, 02:53 PM   #18
Ippon

Ippon has a spectacular aura aboutIppon has a spectacular aura about
Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Tis a nicely specc'd zed there, good choice for commuting. You should see more than 350 miles to a tank once settled down. I can get 350 to a tank if driven sensibly from my mapped 180
Just got 25 MPG from my last fill up .. all urban driving ... @ £1.31 per gallon ... I make it 24p a mile ....sounds good to me
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-13, 04:40 PM   #19
Rikki55

Thanks for the comments!
Old 23-04-13, 05:29 PM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon View Post
Just got 25 MPG from my last fill up .. all urban driving ... @ £1.31 per gallon ... I make it 24p a mile ....sounds good to me
Just got 40 mpg from my derv, after a trip up to POL.

Were empty motorways.