theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 03-05-15, 12:29 AM   #21
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
OMG - that looks bad - but then 2 sheets of sticky back plastic will always look rough.

Looking better already

talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 12:34 AM   #22
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Remeber the picture of the tree?
After hosing, drying, hoovering and a little trick from Wheeler Dealer and heres the rear shelf carpet.

(the Wheeler Dealer trick - matt black spray paint)
(the shiny spots are glue that the P/O had used trying to fix the rear screen, before the sticky black plastic, I'm not gonna worry about that as it isn't a show car)
Old 03-05-15, 09:47 PM   #23
talkingcars

And now with a rear screen -

Old 04-05-15, 07:25 PM   #24
talkingcars

Today I fitted a MGMania alternator adjuster, these are a version of the rose jointed adjustor and comes with the longer bolts needed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2515845873...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also hoovered the boot, cabin, under bonnet and roof and cleaned the dash so she looks loved.

Last edited by talkingcars; 04-05-15 at 07:28 PM.
Old 29-07-15, 11:58 PM   #25
talkingcars

No updates since the last one as the only thing I've done is pump the tyres up.

That is until today, I brought her home, well my dads place just around the corner.

First time I've driven any distance, there's a slight pull to the left which is probably just a steering reset, the clutch hydraulics require attention as the bite gets lower as the car gets warm and the brakes are appalling!

And I missed the extra power of the VVC.
Old 09-11-15, 07:08 PM   #26
talkingcars

A few weeks ago collected the replacement panels, they came from an early mk2 that had the same paint code, a lucky find indeed.

They came from the same area as the car, Gloucester. I took the new van we have at work that replaced that horrible thing I used to collect the car, OMG, what a difference, it had loads of grunt all the way up to 68 miles an hour, then you hit the speed limiter but it does have DAB so that makes up for it, apparently. I did the whole round trip in less than 6 hours.
Old 09-11-15, 07:09 PM   #27
talkingcars

Taking the front wings and bumper off only took about half an hour, we have started fitting the replacements but several fixings were damaged so I am going to get some new ones. In the meantime the new panels are hung in place so the car looks complete.
Old 09-11-15, 11:34 PM   #28
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

will be good to see how its improved.

Old 13-12-20, 10:01 PM   #29
talkingcars

We ended up scrapping it as the engine seized, the brakes seized and the sills collapsed, underneath she was as rotten as a pear.
Old 14-12-20, 01:46 PM   #30
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

shame, but when some go so cheap, makes sense.