AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-12, 02:56 PM   #1
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Good results George/Steve,
I wouldn’t be disappointed with the lower torque, I think George said torque comes in earlier and holds longer, sure this will translate to good power delivery. Peak power is pretty much what the super charger offered in its basic form, 235hp is very respectable on the road and I would guess it comes with an instant throttle response, which is also something nice to have in the bag.
From the results it sounds as if the 270 cams have maxed out so with the additional porting and 285 cams this should take the car to the next level and make the very most of the induction box and ECU.
Let me know when or if you plan to run it at POD.
Old 07-06-12, 04:36 PM   #2
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Thanks Ed.

Im sure Steve will just want to enjoy his car for a bit before wanting anymore.

To be honest, Im sure with over 230bhp without any lag, will be awesome, especially the roar.

I do have some 285`s sitting in a box, just pondering what to do with them.

Project Mg6 is consuming a lot of my time, so need to get that sorted first before i think about doing another KV6.

G
Old 11-06-12, 08:13 PM   #3
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
can we see the graph yet ?
Old 13-06-12, 12:00 PM   #4
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the project finally getting there - nothing better than a good result
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
Old 13-06-12, 12:04 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Wow that was a good guess! Hope to see the zed one day, now go have some fun
Old 13-06-12, 02:57 PM   #6
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
cheers guys

think its going to scare me tho been driving a 1.2 63bhp auto micra

all goes credit to G on this one and the other stuff that no ones no's about like the two years free car cover so i did'nt pay for any tax,mot or insurance i did not need the a car after that as i moved in with the g/f but he still left it with me just in case i needed it.i know some peps may say but he did have it for a long time yes he did but this was my choice i left it with him no ifs or buts and i could of taken it away or popped up any time i liked to have a look at it,god there's loads of other stuff that G paid out for as well on it
i never can write what i quite mean to say (if that makes sense ) but a big thank you G

OFF TOPIC
one of my mate's offered me a race (on track) he has a 330d mmmm i said wait and see
Old 13-06-12, 03:47 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
As the saying goes..........at the end of the day as long as you are happy with the results and effort put in then it is worth it. Some may bang on about the duration and costs but that sits with you and if happy then all's good

Good to see something different being explored with positive results, albeit a one off no doubt.................
Old 15-06-12, 10:05 AM   #8
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Just spoke to Thor.

The peak torque figure @ fly is 192.7ftlb. Torque @ fly @ 6000rpm is 181ftlbs.

I'm waiting for graphs.

Power @ wheels is 196bhp !
Old 15-06-12, 02:04 PM   #9
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
well thats a tiny bit better but still doesn't add up, so we know nothing till we can see the graphs.
On the new figures you still only have 207 bhp max peak power at 6800.

How can thor tell you peak torque was 160 but after another phone call its suddenly 190...someone over at thor is either havin a giraffe or they're a biscuit short of the full pack.

Are you sure they have even mapped it , i reckon they're playing you off.
have you or steve actually been to test drive it and seen it finished ?

Get your a55 over there and kick up a stink is my advice.
Old 15-06-12, 02:46 PM   #10
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
How can thor tell you peak torque was 160 but after another phone call its suddenly 190...someone over at thor is either havin a giraffe or they're a biscuit short of the full pack.
From reading it I read the 160ftlb to be at the hubs which would give just over 190ftlb at the fly.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Closed Thread