theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-03-11, 08:54 PM   #11
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Must admit its getting me worried now, as it seems 150+bhp and the torque that goes with it can bu**er the engine/clutch up.

It goes well as is and if I wanted 180 performance I would have bought one, so will have to have a think about it.

Not worth worrying about mate ..... If you're happy then leave it.

I just think that there is always a bit of untapped performance in there and that engines are always way within tolerencies when they come out of the box.

I can't see that SDis and a decat would put any more strain on the engine, but there is probably an arguement that they do allow them to breath and function more easily. A remap might push it a bit if you get carried away turning up the turbo etc, but if the car can be helped to perform better, unless you're gunning it all the time, or pumping it to extreme levels, I can't see that it'll do a great deal of harm.

And ..... you can get a new engine for a few hundred quid if it all goes totally bent. come on .... man up.

As soon as I'm able, I'm getting it looked at and I'll have the print telling me that I've got 150ish under the bonnet and in gear torque to keep a big smile on my face.

A few years ago when the VW GTi turbo was launched with 150bhp I was well impressed with it. For me to have that power and 40+mpg from a car that has cost me comparitively very little and lets me feel like I belong here ..... I'll be a very happy guy.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote