theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 03-05-15, 02:50 PM   #1
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
Firefrost ZS105 - time to go

So having the ZS180, ZS105 and the recently acquired TF, it's time now for one of them to go. Keeping 2 on the road is already crazy enough (in some peoples eyes!), having 3 over here would be lunacy

With a little regret, I put the 105 up for sale last week. No hurry for me so priced it very strongly, expecting the long sell. In fairness, it's extremely clean, low mileage and just one owner since new...me!

So I got a call a couple of days ago from a guy that seemed very keen. Owned a ZS before and regrets selling it. We've provisionally agreed a sale for asking price

Delighted with the sale, but will be sad to see it go. Almost a decade of ownership, the adventures through the years all over France and back, bringing her back to life from near certain death...hope I'm not going to regret this!!

Old 03-05-15, 02:52 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Nice looking car, do values hold up better than the UK

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 03:02 PM   #3
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
In general, yes. But, of course it's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and I think I've been lucky to find another MG nut They are becoming far rarer here, for example, the most popular sites for buying/selling cars currently lists only 8 ZS for the entire country and almost all of those are priced higher than you'd expect to pay in UK.

On the other end of the scale, I've just heard of a black ZS 1.4, mechanically sound, but a total wreck cosmetically (rear bumper screwed on from the outside, broken door handles, missing and damaged spats, interior hacked up and bodged electrics going to 500€.
Old 03-05-15, 03:25 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Why regret when you have two other great cars in the stable! If you got what you wanted then you know the buyer will look after it. All's good
Old 03-05-15, 03:37 PM   #5
pheelay

yep, that's what I keep telling myself. Will be grand like, once we get a few proper weekends of roof-down sunshine!