Old 26-07-07, 11:11 AM   #11
john180

john180 will become famous soon enough
i really wanted a blue or black one but silver does look good in those pics
john180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-07, 12:39 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Is it me or is that exhaust very long?
Old 26-07-07, 12:44 PM   #13
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
The problem with those wheels is that they appear to be 7J, whereas the standard wheels are 7.5J. Therefore they are inset further into the wheel arches.

We had another silver ZS in our workshop that was fitted with black wheels, which also looked good but again they were 7Js. The new owner has now fitted the standard wheels to the car.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-07, 12:46 PM   #14
john180

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Is it me or is that exhaust very long?
I think thats maybe coz it has a cheap extention thing on it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. View Post
The problem with those wheels is that they appear to be 7J, whereas the standard wheels are 7.5J. Therefore they are inset further into the wheel arches.

We had another silver ZS in our workshop that was fitted with black wheels, which also looked good but again they were 7Js. The new owner has now fitted the standard wheels to the car.
Another reason why i would like to take it back to standard - at least i know the right stuff is being used.
Old 26-07-07, 06:59 PM   #15
Z Scotland

Z Scotland is on a distinguished road
You can't go far wrong with diesel 50 mpg for starter .I had 1 years ago for private hire and in two yrs all i did was oil, filters and tyres (50000 mls)
and maybe a set of pads it never let me down.

MG ZS 180
Z Scotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-07, 08:25 PM   #16
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
John.....

Just buy it if you like it bud! No car is ever going to be perfect and once you have it you can take some pride in putting it right. Judging by the fantastic friendly atmosphere here I am sure any niggles can be sorted out which mostly sound to me to be 'time' rather than money.

Invest in a cat back system for a fit and forget approach for at least 3 or 4 years......

See if you can get your car onto a 4 post lift one weekend and clean off the underside of the car and get it painted in underbodyseal it will save you worrying about that rust taking hold and it will even drown some roadnoise out.

To clean the car off properly I would use a light brush and 'truckwash' to get the worst off and then being carefull and working in small sections use white spirit or similar to remove any 'grease' film and original underseal.........there is some method in my madness..........to get back to the original paint finish........when you are there you can see any 'rust' affected areas that need attention first........after that you can put the underseal on.

Reason for all that..........my mk2 Fiesta 1.1 I had as a first car I wanted to fit a tow bar on.........so I had to clean a patch off to get metal to metal........I ended up getting carried away with doing the whole boot floor section and painting in hammerite. Needless to say on checking this part out frequently it was immaculate whereas the rest of the underside was not.

Sure some 'restorers' on here might have some better advice (Stamford??) but its worth doing if you want to keep the car and avoid problems later.

Jim
Old 31-07-07, 08:51 PM   #17
john180

cheers for the info matey!!

also just found this one... http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...00729106047637

im in love again.....

Last edited by john180; 31-07-07 at 08:54 PM.