Godstone (jct 6 of M25/A22) 0 0%
Compton (A3 south of Guildford) 1 20.00%
Other.. please post 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-04-11, 06:12 PM   #1
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
southern meet ideas..

couldn't work out if I should put this here or in the events section.. since its only ideas its going in here.

James (talkingcars) and I have been chatting about the idea of doing a run from a meet point to 'my' pub and then having a bbq on Saturday 23rd July.
There are several start points to chose from which I will post up a poll for..
1) Wisley Common (jct 10 M25/A3) 2) Godstone (jct 6 of M25/A22) 3) Compton (A3 south of Guildford) or possibly Liphook or Hindhead.
From there James can work a route out etc

There is also some talk on here about people staying in the area so when I have a free 5 mins I will find out the prices from the local camping and b+b places.

Its mental here at the min so I might be a bit slow on getting back on questions etc at the min.

Date prov set for Saturday 3rd September

Last edited by lawrence-zs180; 17-05-11 at 10:16 PM.
lawrence-zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-11, 06:39 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Plus a Southampton/Portsmouth meeting point.

I can do a Fantastic Magical Mystery Tour, no charge, 10 miles of unspoilt countryside, only go pass walkers, who stare and point at 3 TY ZS's zooming by. Across a single span, rickety bridge thats got "Unsafe Bridge" on big signs either side. And we arrive shaken and stirred, ready for a nice drink and good food.

Old 16-04-11, 07:14 PM   #3
Taphouse

Taphouse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post

I can do a Fantastic Magical Mystery Tour, no charge, 10 miles of unspoilt countryside, only go pass walkers, who stare and point at 3 TY ZS's zooming by. Across a single span, rickety bridge thats got "Unsafe Bridge" on big signs either side. And we arrive shaken and stirred, ready for a nice drink and good food.

I was thinking about a Hampshire meet just this morning, at the empress blandings.

A run from Sussex to and around the new forest could be cool picking up people along the way, could run a long the downs, or at least stick to the B roads, I love driving back to Chichester from Southampton on those roads.

Or another idea, combine with the goodwood breakfast club, on the first sunday of the month, I believe some people go for a blast over the downs after that too.

Unsure on the date though as it's my dads birthdays, I better check ahead, incase he has got something planned, before I get to carried away.

Last edited by Taphouse; 16-04-11 at 07:20 PM.
Taphouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-11, 07:32 PM   #4
white.pony91

white.pony91 is on a distinguished road
I'm up for coming to that if I'm not working. I'm not far from Guildford.
Or if there's any Hampshire meets arranged.

Last edited by white.pony91; 16-04-11 at 07:39 PM.
white.pony91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-11, 08:18 PM   #5
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
Can I come in the F? lol
Old 16-04-11, 08:27 PM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Empress Blandings pub is good, large car park, plus the owner doesn't mind keeping a few tables, if he knows numbers etc.

We are off to Brighton tomorrow, so passing Goodwood and just touching the edge of the Downs.

Old 16-04-11, 10:00 PM   #7
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
you going to the Jag thing at sea front Pete?
Old 16-04-11, 11:43 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
We are at the very early stages of planning the whole thing, it might be possible to meet at say Wisley, and then run down the A3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taphouse View Post
........Or another idea, combine with the goodwood breakfast club, on the first sunday of the month, I believe some people go for a blast over the downs after that too.....
Unfortunatly we are limited on dates this year as there are several other events that would dilute numbers. However it would be a wicked way to finish a night before so 1 to save in the memory banks for 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
Can I come in the F? lol
It's yellow so of course.....
Old 17-04-11, 10:46 AM   #9
magpie67

magpie67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-zs180 View Post
couldn't work out if I should put this here or in the events section.. since its only ideas its going in here.

James (talkingcars) and I have been chatting about the idea of doing a run from a meet point to 'my' pub and then having a bbq on Saturday 23rd July.
There are several start points to chose from which I will post up a poll for..
1) Wisley Common (jct 10 M25/A3) 2) Godstone (jct 6 of M25/A22) 3) Compton (A3 south of Guildford) or possibly Liphook or Hindhead.
From there James can work a route out etc

There is also some talk on here about people staying in the area so when I have a free 5 mins I will find out the prices from the local camping and b+b places.

Its mental here at the min so I might be a bit slow on getting back on questions etc at the min.

23rd july ? isn't that the day before ZedTen at Duxford ?

Although i'm not local (anymore) to the proposed South meet, was born in Winchester, lived in Basingstoke, i have relatives in the Pompey area, so the South meet would've been ideal to get a visit in at the same time as a meet !!!

Perhaps a convoy up to ZedTen on the 24th !!!!

Last edited by magpie67; 17-04-11 at 11:37 AM.
magpie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-11, 11:34 AM   #10
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
It is the day before the ZEDTEN, so that means I cant make the bbq..............
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote