theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-01-09, 07:13 AM   #21
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I ran my old ZR with Clarion components in the front and 6x9"s in the back and didn't really think they were that good

Then I amped them with a 400W 4 channel amp and good grief what a difference!

If you have the time to do it IMO it is alot better

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 09:34 AM   #22
Fudgepacker

Fudgepacker is on a distinguished road
i like my music to boom boom boom when i was in the army i use to drive 270 miles to get to base and thats when all my audio started i wanted quality and bass i use to get my the barraks and would be shouting were i have had it so loud
Old 29-01-09, 01:50 PM   #23
rbull51

rbull51 is on a distinguished road
After fitting the a sub has anybody had the problem of all the lights / power flickering when the sub is turned up? Is there a way to get around this. a better battery maybe???
rbull51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 03:33 PM   #24
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
the Lights flickering is down to the amp pulling so much power from the battery. One to try would be upgrade the earths in the engine bay as thats a cheap option to start with otherwise (never used one but some people like the power caps they store energy that pass it on to the amp when needed. Or best option is second battery and split relay which us what i went for in the end.

As far as amping speakers its not essential how ever will notice a vast improvement. As far as im concered for SQ the front component speakers are most important followed by sub.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 05:04 PM   #25
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
flickering lights normally mean either the battery isn't big enough or you don't have a good earth to the chassis from the amp. Make the earth cable from the amp to the car as short and beefy as possible!

As said beefing up the cable from the chassis to the battery in the engine bay will help too

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 07:49 PM   #26
Fudgepacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
the Lights flickering is down to the amp pulling so much power from the battery. One to try would be upgrade the earths in the engine bay as thats a cheap option to start with otherwise (never used one but some people like the power caps they store energy that pass it on to the amp when needed. Or best option is second battery and split relay which us what i went for in the end.

As far as amping speakers its not essential how ever will notice a vast improvement. As far as im concered for SQ the front component speakers are most important followed by sub.
lol i got one and it didnt make any diffrence just have to turn the music down when behind police or it looks like your flashing them or other people flash you back thinking your flashing them
Old 29-01-09, 08:44 PM   #27
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Deffinately amp the speakers up mate, i found regardless of quality of the H.U they distort at high volume level. Generally have poor control of the output and sound fairly crumby to be honest.
As for the lights dimming....i've heard a few different solutions, and found they all work differently, best option i found....turn the subwoofer down, reduce the gain. i personally whacked a power cap on my old 200 and hey presto the problem stopped. don't get drawn into the old "the greater the farad capacity the better" rubbish though, any rating will do. i won't be a geek and explain, but a 1 farad is just as capable as a 2.5 farad.
My zed only tends to dim the internal lights (because i have seperately powered HID's) when im stationary and really pumping the tunes.

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 10:07 PM   #28
Fudgepacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
Deffinately amp the speakers up mate, i found regardless of quality of the H.U they distort at high volume level. Generally have poor control of the output and sound fairly crumby to be honest.
As for the lights dimming....i've heard a few different solutions, and found they all work differently, best option i found....turn the subwoofer down, reduce the gain. i personally whacked a power cap on my old 200 and hey presto the problem stopped. don't get drawn into the old "the greater the farad capacity the better" rubbish though, any rating will do. i won't be a geek and explain, but a 1 farad is just as capable as a 2.5 farad.
My zed only tends to dim the internal lights (because i have seperately powered HID's) when im stationary and really pumping the tunes.
oh and one last thing dont forget your car will rattle like a tin can if you reamber what mine was like at that meet the bumper sounded like it was going to fall off
Old 30-01-09, 07:54 AM   #29
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
isnt that where the sound deadening comes in?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-09, 01:18 PM   #30
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
Yea sound deadening is the way to go you should be hearing your music in the car not for others hearing it outside,I hate the boy racers around here you hear them go through the town with their car rattling,You can hear what music they are playing way before they get close to you...You should only hear the sub bass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote