theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-05-12, 08:16 AM   #11
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
I got a flat pack double bed in my 180 the other day also, the other week, I went camping with an 8 man tent (two huge bags make up the tent) and enough kit for me and the two kids for 5 days.. Plenty of space, although I swear the saloon has more space, for non bulky items!
I am sure I can get more in the Hatch 180 than I could in the 75 Tourer I had before... Its odd, but the 75 was a huge car and didn't seem to have much space in it at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brf1976 View Post
Sure you didn't bump your head lol
No, I was fed up of people not seeing the car... it was like that car was invisible... The Trophy Blue 180 was better, but this Solar Red 180 seems to get people moving, maybe its that stance of this one? (Tis on very low coilovers)

Wow. Just realised that this 180 is my 3rd 180 and my 5th ZS overall (first being a 101 Diesel and there is also a 120 in there somewhere as well) - 3 Hatch's and 2 Saloon's

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 09:20 AM   #12
brf1976

brf1976 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
I am sure I can get more in the Hatch 180 than I could in the 75 Tourer I had before... Its odd, but the 75 was a huge car and didn't seem to have much space in it at all!

No, I was fed up of people not seeing the car... it was like that car was invisible... The Trophy Blue 180 was better, but this Solar Red 180 seems to get people moving, maybe its that stance of this one? (Tis on very low coilovers)

Wow. Just realised that this 180 is my 3rd 180 and my 5th ZS overall (first being a 101 Diesel and there is also a 120 in there somewhere as well) - 3 Hatch's and 2 Saloon's
Only thing I noticed when you put the seats down there is a restriction in the usable width in the MG ZS
brf1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 09:33 AM   #13
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by brf1976 View Post
Only thing I noticed when you put the seats down there is a restriction in the usable width in the MG ZS
With the saloon yes, the Hatch allows much more usable width

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 08:19 PM   #14
Adamzs180

Adamzs180 will become famous soon enough
I have that problem with the saloon. Went to put a dresser in there the other day and found it was an inch wider than the gap when you take the seats down. Is there a reason for this overlap behind the seats?

Also to the original message i noticed you used mij for a re map. Did they do a good job? My exhaust is coming from them. If they're any good i may has well get some other bits done there too.
Adamzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 08:22 AM   #15
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Not a good comparison for size, as the octavia shown is an estate and had mg done a zs estate then im sure it would have been just as accomodating.

However, if you went a test drove a octavia vrs diesel saloon today, the only thing you would miss with the 180 is the engine note.

The handling of the new vrs is better than the zs 180. The spec is better than the 180, the interior is better than the zs 180.

The new Octavia vrs 170 is in my eyes the perfect replacement for the zs 180 and i have seen a couple of people go from the zs to the new octavia and not look back.

Having driven both cars on track, im afraid to say the lap time of the octavia was slightly quicker, but then it should be considering that its newer technology.

The zs 180 can still hold its own, but it is showing its age in places. However, if you was to compare a vrs of same vintage with the zs, the zs would show it how its done.

Shame the Mg6 cant even compete with a 180 in its handling and performance, saying that, it cant even compete against a skoda in that respect either.

Looking forward to seeing how my MG6 goes when its completed. Im hoping it will deserve to be badged an MG.

George
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 08:29 AM   #16
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
To be honest - I don't see the newer shape Octovia 170 Vrs diesel as a fair comparison to the ZS 180 either.

They are miles away from each other cost-wise with Mk2s now swapping hands for £1200 on the bay and £2K tops for a good one from an enthusiast seller. Cheapest you'll get a 170 diesel Vrs for off the bay is £5,500 and it's an 07 with 138K miles. Ofcourse it's gonna be better specced etc ......

The op compares the first Vrs in terms of power, handling and fun etc and the ZS stands up well. In practical terms - never gonna be fair comparing a saloon to an estate, but hey, we all know that.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 08:36 AM   #17
MG6Turbo
Banned

Dan if you actually read the post instead of quickly scanning it, i did say if you was to compare the zs 180 to the octavia of same vintage. That means of same year !!

Since there isnt a current mg to pitch against the vrs skoda the 180 is the last comparitive model. The MG6 isnt exactly a pitch is it and i also did say that.

But hey we all know that as well dont we !
Old 03-05-12, 08:47 AM   #18
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovermgparts View Post
......The handling of the new vrs is better than the zs 180. The spec is better than the 180, the interior is better than the zs 180.

George
How is that comparing the "old Vrs" against the 180 ? ..... read your own posts .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 08:52 AM   #19
MG6Turbo
Banned

I dont need to read.. If you read, it says if you was to go an test a new skoda octavia today, and then goes on to say that in my eyes, the new vrs octavia 170 is the perfect replacement for the 180 and i have explained why.

What people are now looking for is something to replace the 180 that does what it did and is up to date.

Passat, boring, audi boring, bmw boring .... get my drift.. Skoda vrs is striking to look at and is no means boring !

Thats what the zs had.. it wasnt boring and didnt look like every other car on the road !

G
Old 03-05-12, 01:13 PM   #20
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Passat, boring, audi boring, bmw boring ....
Absolutely

Quote:
Thats what the zs had.. it wasnt boring and didnt look like every other car on the road !
The ZS certainly still stands out from the crowd but unfortunately the MG6 looks to me just like every other hatch back on the road
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote