theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-04-10, 11:42 AM   #1
rbull51

rbull51 is on a distinguished road
Is it easy to remove a mk1 front bumper?

Mine has never sat quite right on the passenger side and was thinking about re-fitting it. I think there is some sort of clip broken.. Compared to the other side it is quite a big gap.
rbull51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 11:46 AM   #2
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Theres an 8mm bolt there check to see if its done up properly, The MK2 has clips there but my mk1 didnt. Is it just in that corner or does the front sag slightly. The light looks a little low but its hard to tell from that pic. There are slotted holes on the lights so can be adjusted very slightly may be resting on the bumper a bit.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 11:47 AM   #3
Marky Mark

Marky Mark is on a distinguished road
Yes it is easy to remove, there is a clip on either side and it could be broken.

Do you have a Haynes manual?
Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 11:53 AM   #4
Zippy Saloon

Scrivets above headlights, couple of bolts underneath plus one each side behind arch liner (undo scrivet on wheelarch lip and liner will push out of the way). Undo foglight wiring.
Easy enough yourself but better if you can get assistant as you don't want to go and scratch paint on wings etc
Old 07-04-10, 12:52 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I think there should be a clip each side infront of the M6 fixing into a captive nut on the wing flange. I don't have them as they broke years ago. Lay a rug or old offcut of carpet on the deck to avoid scratching the bumper. The lower fixings on the belly may be a little tight as they are water traps. Give them a grease up before re-fitting.