theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-04-10, 06:22 PM   #11
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsNutter View Post
yeahhhh fuel economy... thats the main reason your doing this isnt it!! the extra performance is just a nasty side effect of it all
Well that side of it hadn't crossed my mind

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 06:47 PM   #12
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Mine is getting her wee treats now that the Scrote has settled doon
First fitted the lowering springs and got her 4 wheel aligned, then was on with a pair of new reluctor rings and today popped on the new front discs and pads that she desperatley needed!! Oh and new windscreen went in today too
Coming up, a session with Steve Cleenz, get round to fitting headlamp washers, new rear badge and the big belt service
Old 09-04-10, 07:35 PM   #13
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
My brakes need sorting, 2 are sticking and I'm getting random ABS sessions, the drivers door window needs a new runner and I've trashed my front tyres. AND SOMEONE DENTED MY FRONT WING WHILE THE CAR WAS PARKED OUTSIDE THIS WEEK!

On the fun side I got a BMC before christmas, a carbon fibre catch tank and am in the middle of doing a battery to boot conversion so I can do a custom filter fit. I've also got to wire up the heated drivers seat that I fitted at christmas, last year, 2008! Other than that there is a decat to buy and a remap.

Also the T16 needs lots of TLC, the ZR needs some bits doing, the F needs titilating and the R111 needs an MOT................
Old 09-04-10, 07:49 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Sounds like you'll be busy TC!

What do I have planned..........
  • I've got a few metres of battery cable myself this week so I can resite the battery in the rear footwell, found my race battery box as well.
  • Got some more lightening to do, going to look at striping the air-con out.
  • Belts are waiting to be booked in with Russell once the money has come through.
  • Rear suspension braces to get.
  • Looking to get coilovers, if money permits
  • Steel racing arches being hunted down.
  • Remap to get tweaked.
Old 09-04-10, 07:59 PM   #15
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
There was a guy on rovertech doing rear braces that I was going to get when I strip mine.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 08:34 PM   #16
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
liking everyones lists

ive got a K&N panel filter coming, do a bit more interior lighting, soundproofing(yeah im the opposite) reroute my cold airfeed, get my new door handles painted eventualy, paint my centre consol shiney grey few services i guess too, maybe get a new clutch as well got a new flywheel sitting there, high lift cam as well maybe alloy manifold with a 52mm throttle but only if i do the head gasket at the same time, timing belt

wow looking at that list thats a lot of money...maybe i should get a new bike n start cycling again
Old 09-04-10, 08:37 PM   #17
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
does making it move under its own power for the first time ever count?
I would say that will be one of the 'stories of the year' on this forum alongside Steves WSR throttle bodied ZS and Ross' Supercharged ZS getting the internals changed and that car becoming stronger than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Red View Post
I was well chuffed to get a pair in my narest scrapie for £15 the pair only to have the stupid little s**t that works there break them trying to "rip" them out
ZWarehouse on ebay........£30 for two brand new Rover 45 headlamp units delivered rapido too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
I will be treating mine to it's third engine soon, then will be lookin to strip it out in hope to improve fuel economy
You are a crap liar Jay and you know it make it a good engine mate and a reliable one and you have a car for life dude! Even if you sold it it would sell well to a BTCC fan......

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
Going to have to make the most of this summer as the Zed will be gone before next; got a BMC CDA waiting to go on (once I've got the hoses sorted).. Would like a set of 11 spokes but doubt it'll happen!

Also planning a little DIY lighting modification - providing I can find spares to use!

Jim: You'll have to show me how that rust stuff works, I've got some under mine that needs sorting!
Course I can dude.............amazing stuff and happy to help you or anyone else out on here if I can.

Jim
Old 09-04-10, 09:14 PM   #18
Marky Mark

Marky Mark is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Bucket seats for me, and stripping out the rear seats etc.

Mick let me know how you get on with the air- con, and how easy it is too get shot of please.

As I am removing the speaker parcel shelf, want to modify the speakers and make up some light MDF for them to fit into, but I may just make do with the front speakers, but I love my music!

Trip to Matt Reidy for a remap

Last edited by Marky Mark; 09-04-10 at 09:17 PM.
Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 09:19 PM   #19
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Bucket seats for me, and stripping out the rear seats etc.

Mick let me know how you get on with the air- con, and how easy it is too get shot of please.

As I am removing the speaker parcel shelf, want to modify the speakers and make up some light MDF for them to fit into, but I may just make do with the front speakers, but I love my music!

Trip to Matt Reidy for a remap
I must do the same soon!!! Can't say there is going to be very much more engine wise for me unless I can get rid of that plastic plenum!

Jim
Old 09-04-10, 09:26 PM   #20
Marky Mark

Marky Mark is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
I must do the same soon!!! Can't say there is going to be very much more engine wise for me unless I can get rid of that plastic plenum!

Jim
The only extra thing I would do to the engine now is Janspeed mani's but they are soooo expensive and the timescale for gettting them made is ridiculous.

I may look at having the standard mani's ported, but need to look at it more, not sure if it's been done? Keep looking to see if any mani's come up for sale on the forums and eBay but nowt as of yet!
Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote