theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-06-10, 04:31 PM   #21
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
They wont do that Marcus, I have tried before to respray a bumper, they refused as they have to put all time and materials done to a job and time.
Kev - On the first point you expainlaned that for even the slightest bit of damage could lead to the car being wrote off for very minor damage as parts are so rare - Yes this was the exact same thing I was told by the driver of the recovery vehicle and got me VERY worried, however if Scotts damage is only minor I hope like mine then it will only need a bit of plastic welding.
On collecting my car from a major profesionall bodyshop I said as on off the cuff remark, I wish I got reverse sensors colour coded while I had the chance the guy said I should have mentioned it earlier as the work could have been done for a bit of cash in hand,
So Scott there is no harm in asking. Just depends on the place.

Last edited by BUCKYDEVIL; 06-06-10 at 10:13 PM.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 05:16 PM   #22
scottforsyth

scottforsyth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Kev - On the first point you expainlaned to Scott that for even the slightest bit of damage could lead to the car being wrote for a very minor damage as parts are so rare- This was the exact same thing I was told by the driver of the recovery vehicle and got me VERY worried, however if Scotts damage is only minor I hope like mine then it will only need a bit of plastic welding.
On collecting my car from a major proffesionall bodyshop I said as on off the cuff remark that I wish I got reverse sensors colour coded while I had the chance the guy said I should have mentioned it earlier as the work could have been done for a bit of cash in hand,
So Scott there is no harm in asking. Just depends on the place.
it would prob be arnold clark coz there is one just down the road from me
Old 06-06-10, 05:21 PM   #23
archermav

archermav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Give him another chance ....

Say to him "Here's the score fella. No hard feelings, but you hit my car and it's on CCTV. End of. You either pay up, or I report you to the police for failing to stop and give details and I'll provide them with the CCTV evidence."

Only issue you might have is that if it's a work car park, it might not fall under the definition of "a public road".

Go with the threat and the second chance, and take it from there.
Good point about the 'private' car park. Hope all goes well with it.
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 05:36 PM   #24
scottforsyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
Okay, you have CCTV evidence of the alleged incident, Get the insurance details from him tomorrow, and go through them, either way he will still have to fork out for the damage (his insurance excess), it doesn't matter if he has only been driving for a year, he should still have insurance to cover any eventuality.
One thing though, do a check of his reg number through (CLICKY), oh and be careful about your insurance approved bodyshop they might just turn round and say that you wont get the car repaired, they might write it off, it has been known for such a small dent, scratch etc.
kev it is a very fine crack but just a bit worried coz it just shows him reverseing back and my car alarm going off if they will say it doesnt show enuff to show hes at fault
Old 06-06-10, 05:37 PM   #25
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Only other thing Scott if you have to go through insurance is your policy for social domestic & pleasure, or do you have cover for too and from place of work . ??
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 05:38 PM   #26
scottforsyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by archermav View Post
Good point about the 'private' car park. Hope all goes well with it.
it does say park at ur own risk but its just between him and me nothing to do with the work
Old 06-06-10, 08:47 PM   #27
archermav

archermav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottforsyth View Post
it does say park at ur own risk but its just between him and me nothing to do with the work
Sorry mate, I am just looking on the dark side. If he tells you to clear off and go to the police, then if it is a private car park there is nothing they can do.
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 10:18 PM   #28
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Have a read of this, Off-Road Collisions

http://www.hampshire.police.uk/Inter...collisions.htm

Explains it as to how the police would react, reading other advice someone said "could you report the person for criminal damage", as they have hit your car, and you have the cctv evidence.

Hope they do the right thing and pay up, one way or the other.
Old 07-06-10, 07:46 AM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Do you have fully comp insurance with full legal cover with free expense cover? If so I would strongly advise you go via your insurer as they will push the claim through with no expense to you, you will have control and a line of contact. If you go through the 3rd party you have no control of anything and have to accept what you are given. Also it has been found that going via a 3rd party they will cut corners and not offer you what you are entitled to.

There is thing called MASS (Motor Accident Solictors Society) that are concerned about the practice known as 3rd party capture where the TPI try and settle the claim direct and leave you high and dry on occassions. So beware.
Old 07-06-10, 09:03 AM   #30
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
kev it depends on you bodyshop if they will do aditional wok, i got a bit extra done to mine when i had a wee bump, needed new front bumper, however new front bumpers where NLA at the time from xpart so i sourced one from roverbreakers, say depends on your bodyshop, i used Buchans in cambuslang with richard divine, he was very helpful