theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 11-09-15, 06:39 PM   #81
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
It'll never win on the drag strip, nor the power circuits, but being an 1800, its light up front, so I'm kinda hoping it won't handle too bad.
Target circuit times are:

Mallory, 55.something!
Donington Nat 1m25.something
Oulton Park 2m5.something

maybe a bit atomistic, but its something to aim for.

Time for some hard graft, and most important of all, LEARN TO DRIVE!!! driver coaching/tuition is a must.
just a little update, we (myself and racing driver Pete Burchill) went to Oulton park with the vvc track car, I did a 2m05:06 on old worn tyres and just after lunch with 90kg of passenger ballast a 2m05:85, there was probably a 2m04 in the car but we didn't get chance to try for it due to the day being cut short.

my 2m05 optomistic target was spot on and the car felt good.

We will be racing this car in the British Motor Heritage 4 hour relay race with the MGCC - I'm sure skyblueleads will provide more info.
Fingers crossed it would be nice to see a 1m31 on the snett 200 circuit, its a bit of a power circuit and we'll struggle on straight line speed as the car revs out in 5th at 115mph, so we'll both be learning to drive just off the limiter at 113/114mph down bentley straight!
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote