AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 17-04-15, 04:02 PM   #31
ShireRoller
RIP Adam

ShireRoller will become famous soon enough
Update!

Getting a little further with the exhausts manifolds. Won't get chance to do anything tomorrow as it Pride of Longbridge.
Sunday I'll try an get over to my friends workshop to use his welder. Should be finished and on by mid next week.
Will first fit using the standard primarys, So I have a better idea if my secondarys and collector have actually made a difference.

After that I will fit the primarys I have filed the welds out off an see if that helps a little.
After that will maybe try an join each bank with an X pipe and see how that works too.

Here's a couple of pics from today of the rough layout I have now.

ShireRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-15, 06:03 PM   #32
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
the radius bend is too big to fit between sump and bellhousing, which means it will sit underneath, which is fine, but you will need to watch the height, esp if you lower the engine or car.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-15, 06:28 PM   #33
ShireRoller
RIP Adam

It just squeezes in! It, will sit about 1\4" lower than the precat does as the bend goes under. Plenty of room though! Worst case I can heat and flat the bend a little!
I just think its insane you know this just from a photo!

Mind... Blown...
Old 22-04-15, 09:42 PM   #34
ShireRoller
RIP Adam

Secondarys are made and on in there first incarnation. Will order more pipe and remake a neater in a few months.
Equal length, ended up been 36".
Gave up trying to make it all fit inbetween the sump and bellhousing so collector is under gearbox to aid clearance. Have ordered some heat shield for the bottom of the gearbox to fit this weekend just to be safe. Need to refill with 99RON, reset ecu and go for a run. I'v been for a drive in it an low end power is better, Mid feels better as well. Haven't properly tested top end as need to change fuel and give it abit, maybe im just been paranoid. The gunky looking stuff is 2 part epoxy that I always cover welds with to stop them rusting. Then goven a coat of redoxide to try an protect the piping. I wont win any welding medals but there strong and gas tight.

Old 23-04-15, 10:12 PM   #35
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all

another way to do it...
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 10:17 PM   #36
ShireRoller
RIP Adam

Have you got a better pick of the rear bank Mark?
I'd like to do something like that but will really struggle to make the 3 into 1 collectors and to buy they are so expensive! They look real nice though, what diameters have you gone with?
Old 23-04-15, 10:17 PM   #37
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Not gonna lie, I have no idea how to interpret that picture mate
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote