theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 17-04-13, 03:00 PM   #191
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Watching............with interest.
Old 31-05-13, 11:00 PM   #192
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
what with my relationship breaking down and me becoming homeless in about 18 hours time the car has kinda been on the back burner for a bit...

But things are moving in the right direction though, and I now have sorted out the insurance on my little fiesta run about, so I plan to get the brembodge and suspension fitted, before the house and things i have to buy for it sucks my wallet dry....

hmm new washing machine or some bits for the car.... hmm hmmm...

Decided in the end to just go with the standard springs for now, and see how they sit and feel, and upgrade them at a later date if required..

Turbo situation is moving forwards, but being a bit more careful this time, so things should give some nice figures and reliability!

I'm wondering/hoping that by the end of the year things should be finally sorted on the car - man i have said that a lot over the years!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 04:47 PM   #193
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Been some time but getting there, good luck on the move etc.

Always a launderette!!!

Old 02-06-13, 08:46 AM   #194
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
the gtb generation of vnt turbo's are leagues ahead of the old vnt's such as the 2256 etc.

a turbo from a bmw320d (55 onwards) is a good one, or the 530d (04 onwards), or even a hybrid of the 2, like alpina did on the single turbo D3, needed 2k to come on boost, but was still strong at 5k.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-13, 10:19 AM   #195
Zsdturbo

Zsdturbo is on a distinguished road
I've got mg Zs Td 2005. I've got my hands on a rover 25 turbo with a sneaky 530d turbo hybrid inside. Was wondering what clutch would suit and head gasket and if I need head bolts. Currently the Zs has got air flow meter by pass,sdi injectors,remap,egr blanked, dark ice decat, dark ice top turbo pipe,power flow back box. Boost at 15psi. Standard clutch can't take any more lol. Any help would be much appreciated Richard

Last edited by Zsdturbo; 22-06-13 at 10:35 AM.
Zsdturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-13, 04:10 PM   #196
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Sounds a good spec TD, Just put a new std clutch in mine at 78K.
Old 22-06-13, 04:57 PM   #197
Zsdturbo

Zsdturbo is on a distinguished road
She's got standard hairpin alloys 205/50/16. Wheels spin on 1st pure clutch in second. I've looked at Kevlar clutch and helix but unsure which will suit?
Zsdturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-13, 06:30 PM   #198
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Think a few on here have put in upgraded plates in the TD.

Hope someone comes along with their upgrades.
Old 23-06-13, 02:40 PM   #199
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Maybe best to seperate this out into your own thread - but the OE spec clutch is good for 250lbs ft.

I went with a helix unit, expensive but tried and tested. the uprated friction plate and springs are holding 270lbsft at bay more than happily enough, so you dont need to go as high as a paddle unit.

Kestrel do a kevlar plate made to take whatever rating you wish - but it needs to have the flywheel re-ground (the Helix is a direct swap with no modifications).

there is some-one on .org who has just dropped in an uprated cover, but still using the OE friction plate and he got up to nearly 300lbsft feet with no slip, so that is an option to.

If you are using 'good' rubber and you get spin on the 16" wheels only suggestion would be to pick up a set of 17" or find a dif to fit in the box while you are doing the clutch. they wont cure it but they will help negate the symptoms a bit.... or dont stamp full throttle in first
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 04-07-13, 07:23 PM   #200
p_b82
Site Supporter

So Saturday the Derv goes off for a bit of some TLC..

Due to get the fairly unique suspension swapped in, the Aircon sorted *again*, the brembodge setup swapped on, a service, and a few other bits and bobs....

Not sure who long it will be gone for, but as i have a second car it is not a big deal if it is a while tbh....

soon the last thing left will be turbo only... and that is still moving in the right direction - albiet slowly as it is summer and busier once more for those that tinker with cars for a living it seems! (something about nice weather and long hours of daylight)
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports