theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 06-07-12, 11:00 AM   #21
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Well done mate
Old 06-07-12, 11:27 AM   #22
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
I want to see some white-walls on that puppy!
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 02:05 PM   #23
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
white walls are like hens teeth mate most others paint them but as the standard came out of the factory with all black tyres that'll be how she's staying i'm gonna leave the white walls to the cadillac boys.

to be fair i feel a bit guilty about buying it from her, she truly loved that car ,the poor old dear shed a tear when it went on the trailer so i promised when its on the road i would take her for a ride in it whenever i was near her house, she has thousands of picture of her with her husband and the car. she told me that once a year they would go to the lakes for a holiday in it

She told me about when her husband and a few of his freinds dug a bunker just below the ground before he was called in by the britsh army to store the car in so that the germans couldnt torch it when ww2 kicked off. apparently thats what a lot of the german forces did for kicks when they had nothing better to do she told me that her nieghbour had an old indian motorbike from 1930 and three german soldier set about it with iron bars and then beat up her husband afterwards.

She also showed me a scrapbook that she had compiled fron just before WW2 right up to 1972 when her husband died from a heart problem which is when the car went into storage showing what was left of her home and street, i was quite surprised to see all her friends and neighbours smiling on some of the pictures even though the entire street was practically rubble from the night the nazi's dropped a screaming bomb on it

She also told me about their first date which was in this particular car and that was the attachment to it
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 06:10 PM   #24
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
So come on then --- business interest or something - Weddings perhaps - or just "to have" ..... ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 02:49 PM   #25
andy-81

andy-81 has a spectacular aura aboutandy-81 has a spectacular aura about
its not really big enough for a wedding car its not much bigger than a mk1 punto, the original idea behind it was to do a hot rod conversion but because it has so much history and stories surrounding it and the old dear wants to see it stay original so i'm gonna honour that and just restore it once its complete i'm gonna take it round all the classic shows
andy-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 04:59 PM   #26
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobrainer View Post
Looking good. Just needs some lowering springs, samco hoses and a sunstrip :-)
And a set of slotmags . Nice find,