theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM   #38
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Well that was fun! Kathy being in Europe helping a disabled friend at her son’s wedding left me home alone for 5 days! So a few jobs ticked off then to attempt getting the zed started. I planned to fit more cellotex to the garage roof so meant getting the zed outside. Fresh fuel and it started eventually. Spent a few hours doing the insulation. Right, time to get the zed back inside, hmm wouldn’t go in gear. A few treads on the clutch, nothing. Checked the sheddist kit, slave piston was at an odd angle, looked seized. So I loosened it from the bracket…..then BANG! Right in my face, total explosion! Needless to say one buggered system, wouldn’t bleed, totally loose. So I had to call on help to push back in. So another job to add to the never ending list.

So the zed is getting stripped yet again as found a few more issues underneath, tired bushes as well as corrosion. So I’m ripping it apart to go to town on it. Spoke to Andrew Goater the PG1 guru and will be getting him to build a custom box for hillclimbing and track days. I doubt it’ll see the road again. I was close to scrapping it but thought otherwise. So from now on I don’t care how much longer it will take, it will get done and it will turn a wheel in anger up some tarmac hill or track. My retirement project! It won’t be a show car by any means but a form of enjoyment.