theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-07-11, 12:31 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Insured on a car you dont own?

Just sorting out insurance for the Missus car, and realised my insurance doesnt run out till Feb. Now Im expecting to sell my car in the coming months. I paid for my insurance in full and have cancelled policies before and you get hardly anything back. Wondered if it legal or worth letting it run as will get the rest of the years NCB.

Also anyone know of a company that allows named drivers to earn NCB as will be insured on the gfs car so would be handy to carry on building them up. Tried direct line but they were well off the mark wanting ?2,800 for a 1.3 I pay a 1/4 of that for the 180!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-11, 12:36 PM   #2
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
No its NOT legal to insure a car you no longer own. It should be flagged up on the insurance data base. They dont want it riding past and showing as insured when it really isnt.

On the other hand ive done it a few times and never had any come back. The last policy I left dormant they offered me ?8 for four or five months left by the time they had added there admin charge.

big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-11, 02:58 PM   #3
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Just change the car over on the remainder of ur current policy dude, try adding the mrs too :-) they r very flexible!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-11, 08:08 PM   #4
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
I transferred my insurance from my 120 to 180 and only paid another ?150... (22 years old with no NCB)... so try that
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-11, 08:12 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I guess to cover yourself you should inform your insurace company that you no longer own the car when you do sell it.

You CAN NOT have 2 insurance policies on 1 car.

I have a homefleet policy with Tradex, the premium is worked out on each driver and each car, all drivers building a NCB.
Old 16-07-11, 08:20 PM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Its with Adrian flux who also do bike cover so will see if they can transfer it over to cover the bike.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-11, 08:31 PM   #7
C13URD

C13URD will become famous soon enough
Also anyone know of a company that allows named drivers to earn NCB as will be insured on the gfs car so would be handy to carry on building them up. Tried direct line but they were well off the mark wanting ?2,800 for a 1.3 I pay a 1/4 of that for the 180!!

My mrs earns no claims on my policy with Privilege insurance...
Old 17-07-11, 10:35 AM   #8
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C13URD View Post

My mrs earns no claims on my policy with Privilege insurance...
Doesnt admiral do that too?
Old 18-07-11, 08:29 PM   #9
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
There was a bloke in Wycombe when I was based at Amersham who insured a Corsa fully comp, then got an Impreza that he registered to his girlfriend and drove it on his third party rights. He then sold the Corsa but kept the insurance and drove about in the Impreza. A colleague spoke to the insurance company they weren't interested that he didn't own the car anymore.

They normally ask you when you take the policy if you are the owner and keeper of the car. Best thing to do is speak to your insurance.