theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-07-11, 04:52 PM   #11
LouZRBabe

LouZRBabe is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply.

Going to give it a good clean next week, then will get some pics up.

10W40 then, will get some.

I replaced my badges in the ZR with some metal ones from ebay, good quality. Want to do the same with the ZS, but reading a few posts it seems the rear is hard to remove? Sounds like the badge doesn't come off seperate to the chrome housing, wonder if I can get a screwdriver through the middle of it and pull it off like I did the ZR.
Old 22-07-11, 05:07 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I had the replacement badge for 3 years, too scared to pull the old one off. It got so bad I painted it with enamel paint. Looked horrid, so when we had that hot spell thought I would tackle it.

Masked off all round the old badge and taped on a couple of old credit cards at the bottom of the badge and carefully eased a wide scraper under the badge and prised it up. When it moved I got my fingernails under it and it pulled off fairly easily.

Thought I would do the front badge as the rear went so easily, dont use a wide scraper on the front badge, the grill must be more rounded and the wide blade digs into the paint. Doh!!! Got a table knife when the wife wasnt looking, and slid that under the bottom edge, using the old credit card to lever against and it came off easily again.

Thats on a Mk2, dont know if the Mk1 is different. The Mk2 was a complete plastic badge.

Best of luck with it.

Last edited by peterzs; 22-07-11 at 05:10 PM.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-11, 05:28 PM   #13
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the world of grown up MGs (my wife has a ZR)

I would check what coolant is in the engine, I understand mixing OAT and non oat can cause sludge to form.

Is yours a hatch or a saloon, they have different badges if you are replacing the whole thing, the inserts are the same 59mm as the mk1 ZR.

Are you bring it to Zed10 on Sunday?

James
Old 22-07-11, 05:54 PM   #14
LouZRBabe

LouZRBabe is on a distinguished road
Its OAT in there as its pinky orange (I know this doesn't 100% mean it is, but in an engine that uses OAT, i think its safe to say it is).

Ah mines a hatch. Will the badge come out the chrome casing on a hatch? Then I can just stick the new one in the its place.

I should be bringing the ZR to zedten, got to fit an alternator in the morning. I only picked the ZS up yesterday and I'm abit hesitant to drive it 285 odd miles without giving it a service and check over.