theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-07-11, 06:28 PM   #11
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
I looked Into this a while back and no of 3 chargers still running 2 running very well and one that is currently stored do to multiple problems and last I heard it was on engine number 2 already and the owner was going to scrap it the best person to talk to would be a guy who was on here who had a mk2 supercharged
Old 18-07-11, 06:35 PM   #12
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire039 View Post
I wasn't aware Dave had any issues, must have had my head under a rock. I would have thought a spanking new engine sat doing it's thing would be more reliable than a supercharger on an engine that wasn't designed for it....
Rumour has it he did a few trackdays and it blew up

he sold it back to Reylands

Although this is all stuff ive seen mentioned on here and other places it maybe false info....

i apologise to dave if this isnt true

personally the only alternative to the KV6 id recommend is a T series Turbo conversion just look at Carmadbakers for example
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11, 06:55 PM   #13
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
think daves just needed the head gasket done and that was it, think reyland still has it with his zr, always exited by what reyland does as its properly exiting stuff done well, reyland and ade at aa autosport(do more zr creations)

i think if you are going to be chasing power then you need to change the engine to something else more tunable, there is hardly anything about for the kv6 more than anything so any small thing ends up costing a fortune compared to another engine where performance parts are on the shelf more readily,
Old 18-07-11, 07:25 PM   #14
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
think daves just needed the head gasket done and that was it, think reyland still has it with his zr, always exited by what reyland does as its properly exiting stuff done well, reyland and ade at aa autosport(do more zr creations)
thats what i heard TBH someone may have added it blew up etc

chinese whispers ETC ETC
Old 18-07-11, 07:30 PM   #15
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
I read the vag zs droped the pump impelor the temp went up and did the head gasket.

For any one with a K thats nothing new or anything that cant be fixed.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11, 07:31 PM   #16
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
I thought the platic impellers went on the waterpump, apparently quite common on the Vag engine as there is a metal upgrade. Caused the head gasket to go.

Prehaps Dave will clarify?!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11, 07:32 PM   #17
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Im reading double

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11, 07:38 PM   #18
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
yeah that rings true from what i remember
Old 18-07-11, 07:47 PM   #19
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
fair enough bobdope, you only say what you have heard......
but we all know who was saying it blew up and they are just plain lie'ing, i invite anyone to either ring or e-mail martin and find out for themselves.
The car did maybe 3000 miles flat out , constant hard driving, purely around race tracks, and maybe another 1000 miles of "fun " road driving, the only thing that failed was the water pump, plastic impellor. Unfortunately i was out on track when it happened and i didn't realise, and so i did 2 more laps wondering why power felt down before i saw the temp gauge!!
I let the car cool down and it drove perfect again but i couldn't drive it anymore as without a water pump cars overheat fast, i would love to see the state of any k engine after abuse like that !
Fitted new pump and car seemed fine, i had already decided the car was for sale before that trackday as i just couldn't afford it anymore ( builder+ recession= skint ), i discussed what had happened with martin and just happened to mention i was selling and he then offered me the best money and brought it back, so i sold it to martin not even knowing for sure if it had a problem, he even test drove it and found no issues, so he decided just to be safe he would whip the head off, skim it and fit a new gasket....end of tale !!!

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11, 07:51 PM   #20
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ZS-X View Post
fair enough bobdope, you only say what you have heard......
but we all know who was saying it blew up and they are just plain lie'ing, i invite anyone to either ring or e-mail martin and find out for themselves.
The car did maybe 3000 miles flat out , constant hard driving, purely around race tracks, and maybe another 1000 miles of "fun " road driving, the only thing that failed was the water pump, plastic impellor. Unfortunately i was out on track when it happened and i didn't realise, and so i did 2 more laps wondering why power felt down before i saw the temp gauge!!
I let the car cool down and it drove perfect again but i couldn't drive it anymore as without a water pump cars overheat fast, i would love to see the state of any k engine after abuse like that !
Fitted new pump and car seemed fine, i had already decided the car was for sale before that trackday as i just couldn't afford it anymore ( builder+ recession= skint ), i discussed what had happened with martin and just happened to mention i was selling and he then offered me the best money and brought it back, so i sold it to martin not even knowing for sure if it had a problem, he even test drove it and found no issues, so he decided just to be safe he would whip the head off, skim it and fit a new gasket....end of tale !!!
i was expecting you be calling me all the names under the son TBH

would like to clarify with you and i heard info from here and XPF before im accused of making the blowing up part up