theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-10-18, 10:42 PM   #1
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile engine management light on derv

So the light came on, changed the MAF sensor as they are the first port of call usually.

Still on and so changed the fuel filter as it hadn't been changed for a bit. Still on.

I bought a fault reader off ebay and that showed no faults.

Took it to local garage and they came up with 5 faults. Cleared all them. Went to drive away and the light was back on. Diesel pump control unit, so I got a ebay pump and the garage fitted just the control box off the top of the pump. All seems well and it has its MOT this tuesday.

So always worth getting a T4 or a proper reader on it.

Old 20-10-18, 10:52 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I bought a code reader, waste of money, looks good but full of cheap tat! Good to hear it’s sorted.
Old 20-10-18, 11:34 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Interesting.... What about the other 4 though Pete?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 10:50 AM   #4
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I am a big fan of the www.pscan.uk scanner, Phil used a couple of my ECUs including the one from FE51 when designing it.

If anyone wants to bring me their car to read I'll do it for nought.
Old 21-10-18, 02:20 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

The other four were stuff like, ignition switch, a/c pressure too low and I've forgotten the other two. He did print out the report but kept it to show his mate to see what they needed to do.

I did ask when he cleared them, but he said they would not put the light on just an advisory.

The garage is good and just wanted a drink, least it's better than the ones that charge £50 + vat, for plugging in.

The TF must have felt it was being left out, went for a cliff top drive and on the way back it split the exhaust. The join between the cat/box. Sounds nice, got the bangs and burbles, but sooo loud. :-)

All got the mot for both coming up in the next two weeks.

Good offer re the fault reader James.

Old 22-10-18, 03:30 PM   #6
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I'm surprised your MKII didn't get the codes from a standard OBDII reader... our older ones have to go full T4 equivalent

glad that the swap over of the controller seems to have done the job for you - I changed the whole pump over when I had tractor syndrome all those years ago at the pub meet!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-18, 06:08 PM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

GARAGE said it would be quicker and cheaper to just do the controller, rather than break it all down.

Lucky it worked and if needed I can send the s/h pump away to be rebuilt.

All good fun.

Mot tomorrow and with the tricks and tweaks do not know how it will get on. We will see.

Old 22-10-18, 08:57 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Fingers crossed for you Pete ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-18, 09:07 PM   #9
C13URD

C13URD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
GARAGE said it would be quicker and cheaper to just do the controller, rather than break it all down.

Lucky it worked and if needed I can send the s/h pump away to be rebuilt.

All good fun.

Mot tomorrow and with the tricks and tweaks do not know how it will get on. We will see.

Best of luck with the MOT bud...
Old 23-10-18, 12:18 PM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Cheers All .

Waiting to see what's what.