Other 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-12-07, 08:42 AM   #51
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Good point, might be worth getting other forums involved? I have the money waiting for the ITG but then thats just 1 not 20
The big problem still remaining for the ITG is that all the monies need to be upfront most of us will struggle to pay for our own induction system this time of year......

Someone will need to take charge of all the monies to make the purchase.....and Stripey has done all the legwork so it will be him.........will 20 people pay £280 to Stripey upfront??

Granville
Old 21-12-07, 09:16 AM   #52
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
Since you asked... I can do the ITG kit for £323.13 plus postage for a single one for forum members. I'll have to speak to our supplier to see what I can do for multiple items.

Arkwright

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-07, 09:24 AM   #53
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
At least you tried dude .
...and that's what counts.

Quote:
will 20 people pay £280 to Stripey upfront??
Somehow i doubt it, but not through any fault of Stripey. I have lost money through another forum , and i for one am now very reluctant to give any money to anyone unless they have an actual shop rather than soley on-line.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-07, 11:09 AM   #54
stripey

stripey is on a distinguished road
"Stripey Tried..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
...and that's what counts.

"Giving Stripey money..."

Somehow i doubt it, but not through any fault of Stripey. I have lost money through another forum , and i for one am now very reluctant to give any money to anyone unless they have an actual shop rather than soley on-line.
I have no problems with that - and I wouldn't feel comfortable holding people's hard earned money just in case I come a cropper and am not around any more.

Another possible way would be to make cheques payable to the supplier.

Ralph - I have been told that if you buy 20 ITG kits you get 20% off list price, standard terms from ITG so you may be in a better position to set this up and pass the saving on?

Let's keep this going and see whether we can get a deal on the ITG which is my kit of choice...

Last edited by stripey; 21-12-07 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Ooops, didn't multi quote...
stripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 09:55 AM   #55
arwilson80
Founding Members

OK, I'm starting to look around at prices for both kits this week. Hopefully i will have a 'full set' by end of next.

Prices will all be + P&P as everyone is spread out around the country and what is cost effective for one may not be for the other so keeping the cost down for everyone.

I could get them all sent to me and distribute them that way, but as i'm on 'the outlying island' it's going to be expensive to get them here and then to post them back so i think the sensible thing would just be to post them straight from the 'supplier'.... Anyone any other suggestions?

PS - If anyone wants to post it on another forum to get a few more people and maybe a lower price then feel free as i'm seldom on anywhere other than here. The point i would put out though is that i'm not sure what extra effort that would bring in trying to co-ordinate numbers...

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
Old 03-01-08, 04:48 PM   #56
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
OK, I'm starting to look around at prices for both kits this week. Hopefully i will have a 'full set' by end of next.

Prices will all be + P&P as everyone is spread out around the country and what is cost effective for one may not be for the other so keeping the cost down for everyone.

I could get them all sent to me and distribute them that way, but as i'm on 'the outlying island' it's going to be expensive to get them here and then to post them back so i think the sensible thing would just be to post them straight from the 'supplier'.... Anyone any other suggestions?

PS - If anyone wants to post it on another forum to get a few more people and maybe a lower price then feel free as i'm seldom on anywhere other than here. The point i would put out though is that i'm not sure what extra effort that would bring in trying to co-ordinate numbers...
I think if you can hold on a while.......Arkwright is working on a 'complete' and 'professional' ready to go BMC induction set up...I won't say anymore as it is not my place to do so......but thought it worth mentioning before you go too far with your research

Jim
Old 03-01-08, 04:51 PM   #57
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
I have managed to get a good price for the standard ZS180 set up that attaches to the existing rubber hose. I need to do some work to see if they will supply just the CDA box and CAF so that I can then get a decent throttle body to filter hose made up. Watch this space... []

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 05:45 PM   #58
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. View Post
I have managed to get a good price for the standard ZS180 set up that attaches to the existing rubber hose. I need to do some work to see if they will supply just the CDA box and CAF so that I can then get a decent throttle body to filter hose made up. Watch this space... []
*watches*

Jim
Old 03-01-08, 09:33 PM   #59
arwilson80
Founding Members

Quote:
*watches*

Jim
+1

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
Old 04-01-08, 06:09 PM   #60
stripey

stripey is on a distinguished road
Me too - watching...

Unfortunately I didn't make any progress with a price for the ITG kit before I left my last job and have been stuck in to things at the new place this week - I will follow it up but don't think that it will work unless we have money up front.

Arkwright - have you seen the silicone hose that they managed to sort on XPF? There may be some mileage in getting a number of these made up.

Am I right in thinking that if this silicone hose replaces the existing one then the kit is pretty much the same as the ITG? I would think that the response would also be better at lower revs because of the cleaner air flow?
stripey is offline   Reply With Quote