AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-10-13, 04:45 PM   #1
Dave

Dave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Diesels are all about the miles you do and your finances.

If you need to cut costs - get one. If not - there is no way in hell that it will be a better place to be than a 180. I don't care what you say about performance. A standard 180 - is faster than a 160 tuned diesel.

My diesel was tuned to 151 and rr'd at that figure. It went well, but every morning the clatter was crazy - every time you stopped at a set of lights or give way, the clatter was crazy - every time I booted it .... blah blah - you get the idea.

And Dave - I said this before when you made a comparison either here or on another site - you drove a dog mate. Mine goes like the clappers, been RRd at 184 the other week and if you'd like to have a drive, you'd be more than welcome - or even Pompski's well sorted example with a few breathing mods meaning that if his vis motors are OK his should be making even more.

But - when I'm stationary, you can't hear the engine, and when you do when I put my foot down, it's beautiful.

Craig - if you need some cheap transportation - get one. If not - don't bother. It'll never be the same.
I remember you saying the same mate, obviously i am not going to say the car is bad or not, as James was kind enough to allow me a drive in his pride and joy. To be fair, i have not had experience of another 180, so i have nothing to compare to.

Will have to get you up to an area meet sometime, and well have a trip out to compare

Cheers
Dave

MGR East Anglia - THE area meet, for all enthusiasts of MGR
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 05:09 PM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I remember you saying the same mate, obviously i am not going to say the car is bad or not, as James was kind enough to allow me a drive in his pride and joy. To be fair, i have not had experience of another 180, so i have nothing to compare to.

Will have to get you up to an area meet sometime, and well have a trip out to compare

Cheers
Dave
It would be a pleasure ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 06:14 PM   #3
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Recently moving from a 180 to a TD I can honesty say the engine note is a lot different

The fuel costs is a lot better

Insurance surprisingly is a little more.

Really do miss the V6 roar and the way the power is delivered

Definitely think this is going to be the last ZS I own and don't think i'm going to have it long.
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote