theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-12-08, 10:25 PM   #1
Stevedx

Scope Great Wall of China Trek Sept 09 - Sponsors needed!

As per title, next September I will be Trekking the Great Wall of China with the Charity Scope, to raise money to help people with Cerebral Palsy.

I know your not going to believe it, but yes I am going to Trek the Great Wall of China for Scope between 17-25 Sept 2009. Your probably all laughing and have had enough of me moaning about having to get fit to do it - but it is for a great cause!

So just a bit about me for those of you who do not know, I am a 35 year family man, with a young family. I have tried to raise funds for Scope whenever I can, with a few smallish events in the past. But this time I have decided to go big, and take on one of the week long challenges, where I will trek for 5/6 hours per day, for about 6 days on the Great Wall itself. Heres the Scope webpage about the event for your info:

http://www.scope.org.uk/adventures/china09.shtml

Scope is a charity for Cerebral Palsy, and anyone who knows anyone with it will tell you what a great job they do.

Any sponsorship or donations would be greatly recieved

I have set up an online sponsorship page , it is here

http://www.justgiving.com/steventrewin

Thanks in advance

Steve
Old 02-01-09, 12:37 PM   #2
Stevedx

Bringing it back to the top - progress report - Online page is upto £175 of donations, keep them coming. thanks
Old 02-01-09, 12:53 PM   #3
chriszs180

great work mate will sponsor you next month when i have money again always wanted to do the great wall but i'm looking at doing the inka trail in a few years with my mum
good luck and get some pics up when you return
Old 02-01-09, 01:47 PM   #4
Stevedx

will do and thanks
Old 02-01-09, 03:04 PM   #5
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Well done dude, looks like you're doing well! I'll bung in a few quid when I get home again

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 04:34 PM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

good luck
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-09, 03:57 PM   #7
Stevedx

Progress Report

The fundraising is slowly climing, current total is £285, thanks to those who have donated and a gentle kick up the bum for those still wanting to donate.

Have been out doing lots of walk, and using the wife's strider and need to set up the ab chair she bought. But the fitness is coming along well too.
Old 01-02-09, 08:14 PM   #8
Stevedx

Latest Update

We have hit just under £500, so it is going well, but i need to raise it up some more.

Just an example, a £2 donation from all on here would get me to my target, so if you feel like it go on over to www.justgiving.com/steventrewin and give what you can, if you want to give more then that would be great too.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-09, 03:31 PM   #9
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedx View Post
Latest Update

We have hit just under £500, so it is going well, but i need to raise it up some more.

Just an example, a £2 donation from all on here would get me to my target, so if you feel like it go on over to www.justgiving.com/steventrewin and give what you can, if you want to give more then that would be great too.

Thanks in advance
Well done mate!!! soon as I am working and 'stable' again I will put some money into the fund.

Jim
Old 23-02-09, 10:51 AM   #10
Stevedx

Just a little bump up and progress report.

Have had article in the local paper, will also be collecting at Brighton Railway Station and over next few weeks.

Fitness is going well, hoping to organise a quiz night at some point soon, and have a raffle too.

Latest Total is £770.

Anyone wishing to donate, can do so online, or catch meet at the next meet.

www.justgiving.com/steventrewin