AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 30-05-15, 07:37 AM   #1
-=FUBES=-

-=FUBES=- is on a distinguished road
ZS 180 MK II for sale

For Sale, MG ZS180 Mk2 in X-Power Grey

The time has come unfortunately to sell our little MG. The car was bought as a stop gap whilst my wife’s car was undergoing a full restoration. That has now been completed so we have to put this up for sale. This is one of the cars that was on both our bucket lists (we are a household of car enthusiasts and I have owned MG BGT’s, Metro’s, Maestro’s and even a Montego for a short period) but never got around to having a ZS even though I always wanted one after driving one in 2004. As much as I would love to keep this one, we have too many cars on the drive so she has to go. Divorce may ensue if I even think about keeping it.

We bought the car in September 2014 after being pointed to it by Dan on here, and he was not wrong, it was a lovely car. It had only one family having owned it, and the retired gentleman I bought it off was a real enthusiast.

More pictures below.

Mileage: 68,771 (this might go up slightly as the car is still in use but not by much)

MOT: 24th May 2016

Last Service: December 2014 @ 65,000 (Oil and filter).

Comprehensive service history including:

New Rear Discs and Pads
Reconditioned Inlet Manifold including VIS
New Clutch (full kit)
New Lambda Sensor
Full Service including Plugs and all fliters

New Ignition Coil
Full Service

Belts and water pump were done @ 47,455

All the above has receipts with the exception of the oil service I gave her in December. Every MOT from 2008 is included.

The car is in good condition. It has the full leather interior, working air-conditioning (new control module fitted 2013), even down the rare and desirable cup holders. The rear seats look like they have never been used, and the rear door rubbers are virtually as new. You have to really pull the rear doors to get them open. She has the full stainless exhaust and makes a great noise. Wheels have some evidence of kerbing but a simple refurb would fix that without any issue. There are no chunks out of them. The car made 175BHP and 174ft-lbs of torque on 27-9-2014.

OK, so now to the not so great. There are a selection of body marks on the car:- scuffs on the passenger side body kit and a dent in the drivers rear quarter caused by a slate falling off the old owners roof on to the car. It will need front pads before the next MOT and the rear tyres have a 1,000 miles left on them at best. The check engine light is on, this has been code read as the pre-heater for the second lambda. The nearside rear ABS sensor likes to throw a wobbler below 20mph for some reason. I have been quoted £300 for the body work by my spray shop, happy to pass on details if required.

The car is in honest condition. It is no show winner but has had a lot of money spent on it in the last few years in all the right places. Receipts are provided to prove everything above. It would make a great project for someone who does not want to get their hands too dirty as all the hard work has been done.

Price wise it is up for sale for what I paid for it, and considering the work it has had done I do not think this is unreasonable.

£1,295 – I know the previous owner could have sold it 5 times over at that price, I was just lucky to get there first.

The car is located in Stroud, just off Jn 13 of the M5. Unfortunately I cannot offer test drives without proof of full insurance but I am more than happy to take you out and exercise the car for you.

If you require any additional information please do not hesitate to ask, I will be more than happy to answer any questions. I have tried to be as honest as I can in the description of the car but if I have missed anything you want an answer to just shout.

OllieZS on here will vouch for the above as he drove it home when I collected it in Sept.

Contact Details:

e-mail: fubes@gotadsl.co.uk

Mobile: 07958 483377 (if I don’t answer please leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP).

I am going to offer the car on here before I put it on the bay of E as I would really like the car to go to a genuine enthusiast rather than the great unwashed.

Thanks for reading, sorry to be selling but needs must.

David.
-=FUBES=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-15, 09:34 AM   #2
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Nice!!
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-15, 10:03 AM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Shame about the body, but still looks a good car and with full leather and the belts done - a good base.

Good luck and if I was in the market I'd be in.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-15, 04:14 PM   #4
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Wish I had waited now before buying mine, this looks very nice indeed, sadly I cannot purchase another car so good luck selling her!

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-15, 03:09 PM   #5
-=FUBES=-

-=FUBES=- is on a distinguished road
Quick bump before I put it on the bay of E and have to deal with the great unwashed lol.

Open to sensible offers.

David.

-=F=-
-=FUBES=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-15, 05:44 PM   #6
ShireRoller
RIP Adam

ShireRoller will become famous soon enough
How has this not sold its lovely!
ShireRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-15, 02:17 PM   #7
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
is it still for sale?Thanks
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote