theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 02-07-13, 08:00 PM   #211
Noobrider

Noobrider will become famous soon enough
I fitted a cherry bomb as a decat to try and quieten the cherrybomb rear silencer, didnt work but is great as a decat. Also off tracking this Sunday at Blyton Park...its supposed to be scorching hot

Our website: http://www.maxtedsgarage.co.uk

Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maxtedandsons.garage
Noobrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:26 PM   #212
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobrider View Post
I fitted a cherry bomb as a decat to try and quieten the cherrybomb rear silencer, didnt work but is great as a decat. Also off tracking this Sunday at Blyton Park...its supposed to be scorching hot
I seen the post on that, I was going to chop and bolt on a home-made decat, but didn't want to chop the stainless exhaust.

had a look at the weather and will be checking it every day until Sunday, its meant to be 20 degree's ... that like unheard of weather for Knockhill!

good luck for Sunday!
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 12:08 PM   #213
Cally180

All set for tomorrow and what a day it looking to be.

If anyone is up feel free to come and say hi otherwise I'll update you's when back .

Old 06-07-13, 12:31 PM   #214
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Best of luck, fly the flag for all the Yellow ones, and all the other ZS's of course.

Looks the Biz.

:hoo ray:
Old 07-07-13, 09:24 PM   #215
Cally180

SO track day was today...

and well looking at it positively but ended poorly.

only got 3 sessions due to a blown out tyre and with not having any spares that was it game over. tried a few tyre guys up there but with no luck so called it a day.

what a day it was aswell, one of the hottest days I seen up there and a good turn out by the jap crowds.

back to the Zed, session 3 and 2 laps to go, taking the last few turns before the straight and it just felt a little out, done the lap but on the last lap same place, going left the car would just slide.. then followed by the sound of a flat tyre. pitted and gave a check, the inside wall of the tyre had giving way and well... exploded and shown its inner metal.

maybe to add to the tyre was a Pirelli semi slick... damn you Pirelli your at it again haha!

a wee picture to show:

on the races we did get (you'll see in the picture below), we had a good race and was actually holding me up the celica behind me. The nova saloon next to me was probably the fastest thing in the group and we got a good race with him but he did always get past after 2-3laps.

the chevette next to the nova had a redtop in it and we passed that, along with the big volvo and was catching the 206, very even group with a bmw 328, big old capri, few mx5's, and a few civics. the integra that with the nova where the two that where only clearly faster on the straight. everything else we could hold out on the stright, even a clio 172.

the Zed ran great, what a rip, pop and gurgle it has now with the decat, brakes went well for when it was out and no over heating issues. mechanically it all held up well. and apart from needing a new set of tyres on the front and maybe pads, its sitting ready to go again.

start of the day:

and end of the day:

will try and see if there is any track pictures appear but I'm doubting it, since it was a jap day they took the spot light.

also went to record the 3rd session and for some reason my camera knew better than me and only wanted to record the 1st 3mins. so will get that up as well.
Old 07-07-13, 09:57 PM   #216
Cally180

Old 07-07-13, 10:02 PM   #217
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Looking good, sounds like its holding up pretty well
Old 08-07-13, 08:57 AM   #218
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Not running over the kerbs!!

Looked a great day for it, glad the car performed well.
Old 08-07-13, 08:49 PM   #219
Cally180

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Not running over the kerbs!!

Looked a great day for it, glad the car performed well.

I know haha must try harder to keep on the racing line lol! that was took at the hairpin, bottom of the main straight. lots of heavy braking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWipL40INLo

only video I can find and its a bit poor, why do people insist on holding the camera all wrong!!!

only see me pass twice, the deep noise you hear is the Zed
Old 08-07-13, 08:54 PM   #220
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Sounded the best one out there.

Be good if Smokey can make it out with his car.