theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-06-10, 01:23 PM   #11
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

If its a 2005 I think its the 115+, theres a sticker on the front pass side, thinks its 83 kwt, a little bit of tweaking and they go well.

Been round Brands Hatch a few times in mine and you can have a good laugh.

You must see if the car will rev up to the red line easily, if not the MAF may be shot, also shouldnt be too noisy. Should pick up around 1800 revs as the turbo kicks in and pull right up to the gear change.

Oil will be black even after a recent oil and filter change, but shouldnt have any mayo in the filler cap, or on the dipstick. Turbo pipes have a habit of splitting/falling off, but if it revs freely should be OK.

Had my belts done at 40,000 cant remember what the recommended milage was, but you could always knock them down a bit if they havnt been done!!!

Old 11-06-10, 09:49 PM   #12
si3000
Site Supporter

si3000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
If its a 2005 I think its the 115+, theres a sticker on the front pass side, thinks its 83 kwt, a little bit of tweaking and they go well.

Been round Brands Hatch a few times in mine and you can have a good laugh.

You must see if the car will rev up to the red line easily, if not the MAF may be shot, also shouldnt be too noisy. Should pick up around 1800 revs as the turbo kicks in and pull right up to the gear change.

Oil will be black even after a recent oil and filter change, but shouldnt have any mayo in the filler cap, or on the dipstick. Turbo pipes have a habit of splitting/falling off, but if it revs freely should be OK.

Had my belts done at 40,000 cant remember what the recommended milage was, but you could always knock them down a bit if they havnt been done!!!

It's def the 101 version, been getting quotes for insurance! Will give it a drive tomorrow and let you's know how i get on
si3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 10:37 PM   #13
SharronB

SharronB is on a distinguished road
Go for it! Looks very nice......
SharronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 11:28 PM   #14
WXM Matty

WXM Matty is on a distinguished road
Looks like a tidey motor, going from a ZR to a ZS you wont look back.
Old 12-06-10, 08:59 AM   #15
si3000
Site Supporter

What belts etc should be changed on the ZS at 50k+?

Going to see the car at 12 today so want to have a list of questions/things to check.
Old 12-06-10, 09:56 AM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Cam belt, but there are tensioners that are worth doing, have a look at repair kits, should have whats in them. I dont know if its worth doing water pump as well.

But you can always lay it on a bit to get a bit of cash back.

Might be worth getting hold of Ralph at EMS, they carry out work on the MG the contact numbers come up at the start up, or go into site traders.

Wife is standing over me waiting to go out, hope this helps, best of luck with the car.
Old 12-06-10, 09:41 PM   #17
si3000
Site Supporter

So that ZS looks good but turned out to be a shed.

Bumper is cracked and hanging loose at the back ( I know bumper sag is common, but it looked worse)

Speedo didnt work and seemed to run rough and loud.

Going to see another facelift Zed like mine on Monday, only difference is that its xpower grey. Think the ZR is looking like the more likely option at the min. Just love my ZR too much to move to the ZS. lol
Old 12-06-10, 09:59 PM   #18
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
Shame it turned out to be a dud!

Belts on the derv should be done every 5 years or 48k miles, I had mine done a few k ago...

If you want a mk2 derv and don't mind not having the 180 kit then you can have mine!

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 10:02 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

I was reading another post regarding the derv, and they said if it was running rough and noisy could be the fuel pump on the way out. Quite a bit to fix, so maybe good that you didnt go for that one.

Old 12-06-10, 10:04 PM   #20
si3000
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
Shame it turned out to be a dud!

Belts on the derv should be done every 5 years or 48k miles, I had mine done a few k ago...

If you want a mk2 derv and don't mind not having the 180 kit then you can have mine!
lol cheers!

Nah if i was for going for ZS i would want the 180 kit on it Diesel ZS's with the full 180 kit are few and far between, its that way in NI anyway.