AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-13, 12:35 AM   #1
Jimmy80808

Jimmy80808 is on a distinguished road
Induction mod fitted inner wing cone and bit of porting on of the TB

Ok just before MG Saloon day at Duxford finally got round to fitting The ITG maxogen Air Filter to replace the old ITG panel filter I had. Also took the time to quickly port the Throttle body opening and port all the aluminium induction pipe work to smooth the flow. Got a spare TB that I will do more work on and Knife edge the butterfly when get time.
The OD of the TB is 74mm and the ID was 69 so quite a bit to remove and reduce turbulence also ported the pipe ends as the pipe is about 2-3mm thick and I was not butting the pipe together as need some flex in the connections.

Here is the TB before

And after

Here is the kit of pipe work I bought enought to make up 2 kits and maybe some for other cars not needing so much bends. Pipe work is 76mm
Here is my version of the inner wing open cone

And it fitted

Its made up of a 70 degree bend then a 90 degree connecting to the filter. I thought about fitting a 45 degree bend to help get the cone higher in the wing but didn't have a silicon elbow at hand and I'm saving the Aluminium 45 pipe for another car. I will just have to steer clear of driving through flood waters or fords. I also decided to have a separate filter for the idle throttle valve the pipe ID and filter are 22mm.

Originally I had an ITG panel filter with the resonator pipe removed so it wasn't to bad to start with.

On the drive to saloon day at Duxford the throttle pickup was noticeable improved and the full throttle induction roar was great. Using Rev on my phone I could see the intake air temps where about 5c cooler though for such a hot day it was hard to compare I will have to wait for a more usual British summer day

Also I fitted a decent pair of tidy looking headlights, my old pair where very milky with craquelure!

Next mods are fit bonnet gas lifters waiting on delivery. Pipe up the catch tank and then a bit of engine dressing. When days get darker fit a 55w HID kit. Next big mod will be full SS exhaust system.

Jim
Rover SD1 Vitesse JE V8
Rover SD1 Vitesse TP V8
Jimmy80808 is offline   Reply With Quote