AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-02-12, 07:02 PM   #1
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
Today is a sad day for my new ZS :(

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately today was a horrible day resulting in the below images of my car being the final outcome, all caused by a complete w*nker in a Clio speeding and cutting me up as I was trying to overtake, causing a spin. Thankfully, due to my quick thinking and "amazing driving skills" (as quoted by an independent witness :P ) I managed to avoid the other car and didn't cause any incidents with other drivers, just a short delay on the A14 eastbound and some debris.

It's unlikely, but this is a desperate plea to everyone on here to see if anyone think they could help fix it? The back is just a replacement bumper and some slight passenger wing damage, but the front is the worst with the bonnet and wing very much needing replacing, but also, the car has crumpled in quite far.

I'm not holding out much hope, but I thought I'd ask as i've only had the car two weeks and absolutely loved it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crash1.jpg (91.8 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Crash2.jpg (61.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Crash3.jpg (95.4 KB, 77 views)
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 07:05 PM   #2
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Hello,

Im afraid that will be writen off the front end is quite bad and not worth repairing I am sure.

Sorry to hear of your crash. might be time to look for another zs

Ross
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 07:06 PM   #3
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Hope your ok mate and anyone else who was with you Hate to say it but it may not be cost effective to bring this one back to life.
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 07:08 PM   #4
thestribb

Well I'm not involving the insurance company whatsoever as it's more hassle than is worth (and more expensive), and as there was no other cars or people involved I don't need to. I paid £800 for the car, what do people think is a realistic quote price to get it looked at?
Old 11-02-12, 07:09 PM   #5
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
bad times mate claim his insurance and get another zs be cheaper than repairing and will give you a chance to get a nice one, if your not getting insurance involved get the guy to pay for the car as written off, £800 cssh, buy another, swap the bits you like, then weigh in the rest
Old 11-02-12, 07:10 PM   #6
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
front panel,
bonnet
wing
bumper
radiator
light

all of the above = big money plus the labour and paint, the repair will not be much cheaper than £1200 quid i am sure. thats without looking of there is chassis damage or other damage.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 07:12 PM   #7
thestribb

The annoying part is the guy involved sped away (which makes me think I could put in a claim for failing to stop) so I have no reg details, my only saving grace is that it was all caught on the A14's cameras, so I'm wondering if I have a case there for a criminal conviction?
Old 11-02-12, 07:22 PM   #8
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Its highly unlikely the police will bother getting the footage.

Didnt the witness get the clios plate?

The problem you have is proving the other guy caused the accident, as he didnt hit you.

The damage is quite severe to the near side front, it would appear the leg has crumbled. This is the worse part. Getting the parts in the right colour wouldnt be an issue.

Where abouts do you live?

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 07:25 PM   #9
thestribb

I'm in Northants (I just bought an alternator off you by the way, not that I need it now haha, but thanks for the speedy delivery ) Do you reckon there's anything i can do?
Old 11-02-12, 07:53 PM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
George seems to be breaking good ZS's, might be able to PX yours for a decent one.