theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-02-12, 02:53 PM   #21
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I meant like wings, front bumper matt.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 04:21 PM   #22
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
Just to give you all an update, I've spoken to the police, the highways agency and my own solicitor to see what can be done. The highways agency are going to send me footage of the incident as I requested it under Data Protection (nice to see these irritating laws actually coming in handy for a change!), the police have been really good to me and are doing all they can to see if I can get something sorted, but it's all down to the officer who attended the scene and their opinion of it. I have some quite bad neck, back and arm pain now as a result so they've said as there's injury involved I may have something to look in to.

I did have a witness who saw me swerve to avoid the car, who has given me their details, but they did say they don't think they saw the other car actually speed past me as they were a few cars back, so not sure how that will work out. Solicitor's are looking into it, but as it's 50/50 liability at the minute it's a bit tricky without a good police report and witness, but we'll see. They've said to ring around a few bodyshop places to get some quotes on a cost of repair and to get as much evidence as I can and take it from there. I'm hoping that if the witness is useable and the police report comes back with some evidence on my side that I might be able to add the cost of repair to the solicitor's bill and have it sorted under MIB, but we shall see. I should be getting a phone call from the officer who attended the scene to have a chat with me, so maybe I can explain the whole situation again to him and see what he thinks.

On the plus side, I've popped round to have a good luck underneath the car today in the daylight and got some good pictures, and the battery still works, as do all the electrics, the steering isn't shot at all and all seems ok inside. I didn't dare try to turn her over just in case relevant pipes and cables weren't in correctly, thus making the problem worse, so it does seem to be mainly bodywork issues, I still can't see if the chassis legs are knackered at all, but I'm hoping George or someone else with similar knowledge will be able to suss that out from the pictures I've taken. So worst comes to worst, I think I could flog all the mechanical and electrical bits and make some good money back, as it drived superbly before it's facelift.

But until I get some more communication, bureacracy is the name of the game here it seems, but in the meantime I'm sampling the delights of our wonderful public transport system.....

Until next time....

Last edited by thestribb; 13-02-12 at 04:31 PM.
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 04:42 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Fingers crossed for you.

Keep all your travel tickets incase you can claim them back.
Old 13-02-12, 04:51 PM   #24
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
dont mean to be rude here and this is just my oppinion

Sod the ZS off buy a new one with ya payout.... job done.... theyre so cheap nowadays theyre just not worth the effort......
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 05:54 PM   #25
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Bit harsh Tim..lol

It might not be that bad to fix if you can get the panels in the right colour.

Im waiting to see the car in the daylight to give a proper verdict if it is worth doing or not.

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 06:11 PM   #26
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Ya kno me g

I wudnt bother if it was me

All this effort over an 800 quid ZS

Sorry but its not worth the effort
Old 13-02-12, 06:14 PM   #27
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
If ya got a spare £800 Tim I'll let you have my address!
Old 13-02-12, 06:21 PM   #28
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Uve lost me
Old 13-02-12, 06:43 PM   #29
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
It's not the £800, it's the fact it's a perfectly drive-able car, probably the best condition ZS I've seen, and I don't just want to add yet another to the scrap heap if it's worth fixing. It's worth the effort to me as it takes me almost a year to save that kind of money, and now it's all gone in one split second because of someone else's recklessness. I wish I could be as carefree as you and had enough money to just "buy another car", but sadly, it's not so easy for all of us. P.S George, I've sent over pictures to you now, hopefully they've got into your hotmail inbox as they were quite large files and had to send them in two different messages.
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 06:58 PM   #30
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

I don't have £800 I don't have 20p to my name to be quite frank

You must have insured it for 800 sheets I don't kno anything bout insurance claims but I'm sure ull get close to that back

Money you get back buy another simples what's the big deal over it let it go

Just my honest and frank opinion

Hope G can help ya out

I'm sure he will

Bob