theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-06-13, 06:53 PM   #11
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Still love my one, after 5 years.

Always brings a smile when I walk up to it in a car park.

Old 07-06-13, 06:57 PM   #12
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post

Another greedy one with 2 MGs !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 06:57 PM   #13
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
I'm laughing at these responses as I now know I'm not the only one ! God it's like a weight lifted !!!!!

Dont worry Dan. I always think about my car. I actually miss driving him when Im sat in doors. I hate driving the works van, wish I was driving the ZS.

I think of lots of things I could do to improve him. Now I got wheels done, I find myself thinking about putting the new door cards and gear knob on.

And Dan I can see where you are coming from, with the beeping and telling you what to do. The Zed is a drivers car, WE move the wheel and push the throttle pedal, not stupid electrics, no buzzers, no "lane control" or "hill start".

So you are not strange mate, just a real man, a petrolhead.............
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 06:58 PM   #14
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post

Thats cos its yellow
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 07:00 PM   #15
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Had the belts etc, done on the TF, love the way it revs and goes.

So different from the lazy dervs power delivery.
Old 07-06-13, 07:05 PM   #16
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Love all three of mine and think about tinkering a lot.
The ZR is getting more attention to its engine then gonna be up for sale though as she doesn't get used.

The mk2, I don't know if I can drive it as the insurance say they are going to write it off. And I'm fighting them now.

So the mk1 is getting all the driving attention which is fine by me as I like to give it a more spirited drive!

They all occupy my minds when I'm not active with patients.
Trying to decide whether to take the mk1 back to basic inside and start track days whilst working out how in gonna sort these insurers and thinking of when I'll have time to do the ZR's coolant rail.

And atm I wouldn't have it any other way at present whil I have little outgoings.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 07:06 PM   #17
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Well I've always been a petrol head. I got it from my dad who used to have some lovely cars in his time but caught the bus to work? Well its rubbed off on my son now but he is worse than me. So when we are both together it does my wifes head in.

I got the zed to talk about. Not that I want to improve on its performance. I just love an older car that still looks a lot newer than it really is with all the spit & polish etc.

My lad and I sort of share one awesome looking Astra Gte. Then he has got a scooby Import 1994 which is undergoing an engine transplant with some 260bhp on tap.

We also share a nice 1.7 dti astra estate on a 51 plate that will not do less than 50mpg no matter how its driven. So we do pop out for a few beers and watch the lions team and talk cars on our own now and then.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 07:12 PM   #18
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb 180 View Post
Well I've always been a petrol head. I got it from my dad who used to have some lovely cars in his time but caught the bus to work? Well its rubbed off on my son now but he is worse than me. So when we are both together it does my wifes head in.

I got the zed to talk about. Not that I want to improve on its performance. I just love an older car that still looks a lot newer than it really is with all the spit & polish etc.

My lad and I sort of share one awesome looking Astra Gte. Then he has got a scooby Import 1994 which is undergoing an engine transplant with some 260bhp on tap.

We also share a nice 1.7 dti astra estate on a 51 plate that will not do less than 50mpg no matter how its driven. So we do pop out for a few beers and watch the lions team and talk cars on our own now and then.

Love the father and son element to this.

Think my youngest will be like this with me. He's really interested in the ZS and came out to here my very basic explanation of the induction change and is bursting to get involved in fitting the decat. He's 9.

Looking forward to the years ahead and sharing drives, beer and rugby. Enjoy the good times !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 07:18 PM   #19
splinter

splinter has a spectacular aura aboutsplinter has a spectacular aura about
Thought we were supposed to think about sex x number of times a day, not our cars!

I swore that I would not become attached to the zs after spending a fortune on my old mini, but I now find myself thinking of upgrades, engine transplants or buying a 180. Unfortunately the last thought means selling the 120 and so the circle starts again!!
splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 07:18 PM   #20
mrmick

mrmick is on a distinguished road
Been driving mine every day for a month now make me love it more than ever parked my focus st up no interest in it what so ever . Every day i think of things do next keep telling my wife to drive hers more she has drove it 5 times in last 2 month said to her drive it or i sell it . That went down like lead ballon lol
WARWICKSHIRE & NORTHANTS RAPID RESPONSE VEHICLE.
winner of best zs saloon zs monogram and modded zs also 2nd best car of show at first Mgww meet
Winner best zs saloon at MG saloon day burghley house 19th july 2015
mrmick is offline   Reply With Quote