theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-06-13, 07:48 PM   #21
Stephen
Yeah defo back now...

Stephen will become famous soon enough
All its going through my head for the past 2 weeks, have been i miss the jetta.. But god i miss the ZS more!

Searches Ebay/gumtree etc...

Moonshine ZS 180
Glacier ZS 180
Twilight ZT 190 SE
Sunspot ZT-T 180
Dark Fantasy 75 Tourer
Blue MG5 EV
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 08:19 PM   #22
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Most of the time im in a dream world...Now if i had a spare £xxx then i could get the belts done,coolant leak sorted,wheels refurbed,and so on.Everytime the door bell goes and its a parcel the missus's thinks its for the carI remember when i was about 17 a mates brother had a 2.8 capri,which was in his garage which was carpeted,and heated and we all thought he's got a screw loose.But if i had the room i think i would be the same.
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered

Last edited by bowthruster; 07-06-13 at 08:22 PM.
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 08:37 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
How much of your thoughts are filled with your car ?
Much, especially at this time of year when there is plenty of day light left at the end of the day, the worst bit is deciding which of the 5 gets my attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Can I find a DAB stereo that is also bluetooth ?

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk...h/KDC-BT73DAB/

It's a neat bit of kit and the only reason I'm not getting one is that it doesn't have an input for the autochanger and I use mine all the time.
Old 07-06-13, 08:46 PM   #24
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Much, especially at this time of year when there is plenty of day light left at the end of the day, the worst bit is deciding which of the 5 gets my attention.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk...h/KDC-BT73DAB/

It's a neat bit of kit and the only reason I'm not getting one is that it doesn't have an input for the autochanger and I use mine all the time.
Yep - gonna get one of them next week.

Just taken a deposit on the Mondy so the ZS is now gonna be my daily transport. When the rest of the dosh comes through, I'll be getting one. The DAB in the Mondy was awesome.

That unit also has a rear aux so you can leave an ipod or whatever plugged in.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 08:56 PM   #25
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
I think about my car all the time, making signs and working on my own with the radio on leaves a lot of time for thinking, plus I go outside 3 or 4 times a day just to look at it.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 09:45 PM   #26
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
I used to think about my car alot but over the last year ive fallen completly out of love with it due to people damaging it been keyed twice rear bumper got reversed into by some idiot and replaced the wing after being hit by another idiot who gave me fake detalis wich the colour isnt quite rite on I used to clean it every weekend without fail id love another 180 to clean and tinker with but cant seem to find a decent mk2 in my price range
I drive my 1.4t grande punto every day lately wich isnt anywhere near as nice as a 180 but will do as a stop gap as its cheap to run really well equipped and not to bad to look at
Old 07-06-13, 10:23 PM   #27
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I knew I was MG crazy, having had 5 ZS's but it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Have been falling in and out of love with the mk2 180 with it's issues but it passed it's MOT last week after a bit of tinkering and as it's on 123,000 miles, I'm happy with it again!

Plans are about as always with the centre console now high on my priority to finish as other issues with the car have delayed things. Then I will be white carbon vinyl wrapping it myself and will once again make the final push towards the alcantara interior.

Only hope is the engine lasts for another year as the bottom end rattle is my only bug bear.

Then there is the track car mk1 180! Loved it last year, gave me and plenty others an amazing time. Then it broke, but with the support of guys from the site, a new engine was sourced and another project started.

A couple of weeks ago, the track car did it's first 30 miles on it's new engine and was flawless. There seems to be a vibration through the car but hoping thats a wheel balance issue.

All I can say is, big, massive props need to be given to Marcus and Grimmy. Without them, there would be no track car. They were dedicated to the cause and deserve respect and reputation (give it to 'em guys) for everything they did. And to top it off, they sourced me a new bumper for the mk2.

All in all, MG ZS's are my passion and I have good times and bad times. Bottom line is, I could go out right now like everyone else and get finance on a fancy new motor. Would I be happy? Briefly. Would I keep the ZS's, most definitely. No other car has given me the feelings the ZS's have and I have learned everything about cars through working on them and through this site.

My MG is a part of me. This will always be the case

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 10:30 PM   #28
reaper0709

reaper0709 has a spectacular aura aboutreaper0709 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by M17TT180 View Post
plus I go outside 3 or 4 times a day just to look at it.
Lol this and I currently have a list on my phone of things to do....tick them off once complete haha
reaper0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 07:37 AM   #29
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper0709 View Post
Lol this and I currently have a list on my phone of things to do....tick them off once complete haha
On the school run it really sticks out, the school is about 200 yards from my house so every day around 8.45 and again at 3pm its chocka outside. Get all the kids looking at it.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 01:31 PM   #30
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
Think about what to do next on my Zed all the time, never done so much to one car Lol. Best Derv I have ever owned.