theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-08-08, 04:18 PM   #21
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
That's like asking if our cars smell of pasties or fish and chips !!
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 04:29 PM   #22
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat C View Post
That's like asking if our cars smell of pasties or fish and chips !!

Mine usually smells of thinners

or Polyurethane Paint from me after work
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 07:06 PM   #23
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris25 View Post
I don't mean to come across all 'my cars faster than yours' or anything, but the clio is quicker. 171bhp/ton compared to the zs's 144/ton! Handling is similar on both
Its quicker, yes, but not by much (0.5 sec to 60 or similar IIRC for the Cup), hence why I said it would mostly be down to the better driver coming out on top. Someone who knows how to get the most out of the V6 would give a regular Clio driver a real tough time I think They drive like gocarts though, so I think it would be a great race around the twistys But yeah in a straight line the Clio would win 4 times out of 5.

My only gripe with the Clio 172 was they look pretty much the same as a normal Clio, and what killed it for me was you cant see the exhausts (Why?!)! The 182 solved that problem but I still prefer the sporty looks of the ZS.

Ive got a lot of respect for the Clio 172, dont get me wrong, but I prefer my ZS as an overall car
Old 10-08-08, 07:17 PM   #24
chris25

chris25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjP View Post
Its quicker, yes, but not by much (0.5 sec to 60 or similar IIRC for the Cup), hence why I said it would mostly be down to the better driver coming out on top. Someone who knows how to get the most out of the V6 would give a regular Clio driver a real tough time I think They drive like gocarts though, so I think it would be a great race around the twistys But yeah in a straight line the Clio would win 4 times out of 5.

My only gripe with the Clio 172 was they look pretty much the same as a normal Clio, and what killed it for me was you cant see the exhausts (Why?!)! The 182 solved that problem but I still prefer the sporty looks of the ZS.

Ive got a lot of respect for the Clio 172, dont get me wrong, but I prefer my ZS as an overall car
I see what you're saying mate
Although I don't go by 0-60 times, they're rubbish. Looking at the 0-100mph times you can see the cup does it in 16.8, and the zs around 20/21.

I know what you mean about it looking like a normal clio, but I kind of like that aspect! I've always been a fan of sleepers though tbh.

I may put a different exhaust on there as I'm not 100% on the hidden style, we'll see how that goes!

Likewise, I have muchos respect for the zs (my dads had them since they first came out), but this is more suited for my needs
chris25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 07:32 PM   #25
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris25 View Post
I see what you're saying mate
Although I don't go by 0-60 times, they're rubbish. Looking at the 0-100mph times you can see the cup does it in 16.8, and the zs around 20/21.

I know what you mean about it looking like a normal clio, but I kind of like that aspect! I've always been a fan of sleepers though tbh.

I may put a different exhaust on there as I'm not 100% on the hidden style, we'll see how that goes!

Likewise, I have muchos respect for the zs (my dads had them since they first came out), but this is more suited for my needs
Sorry that 0-100 time for the ZS sounds absolute pish mine does it in way under 20 seconds with bigger wheels hence slower acceleration

Mine hits 0-60 in way under 7 seconds id hazard a guess at 6 standard is 7.3 isnt it, with the bigger wheels too id say that was impressive (This isnt proven i have no timer but it feels that way)

If i put my OE wheels back on i recon it'd be quicker still
Old 10-08-08, 07:45 PM   #26
TjP

Sleepers have their advantages, but I gotta admit I like the feeling when people turn and stare at the ZS as its drives past I can see how it would also be a lot of fun zipping past a ZS180 is what looks like a regular Clio though hehe

I wouldnt know about the Cup's 0-100, but I think a regular 172 does it in 18.5, according to my site (which also states the ZS at 20.05). After driving a little Suzuki with 107bhp, I would agree 0-100 times are more helpful than 0-60, but for my driving 60-90 would be more helpful yet (overtaking speeds). This is all on my private track of course
Old 10-08-08, 07:55 PM   #27
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Sleepers have their advantages, but I gotta admit I like the feeling when people turn and stare at the ZS as its drives past I can see how it would also be a lot of fun zipping past a ZS180 is what looks like a regular Clio though hehe

I wouldnt know about the Cup's 0-100, but I think a regular 172 does it in 18.5, according to my site (which also states the ZS at 20.05). After driving a little Suzuki with 107bhp, I would agree 0-100 times are more helpful than 0-60, but for my driving 60-90 would be more helpful yet (overtaking speeds). This is all on my private track of course
Yeh i agree with how people look at the mk2 ZS gets loads of attention especially when it sounds like a Touring car on full throttle like mine

best test for the ZS180's engine is a 30 -90 in 3rd gear best ive managed is about 13seconds which is about the average time for a slightly modded 180

Not so sure on the clio though
Old 10-08-08, 07:59 PM   #28
TjP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
Yeh i agree with how people look at the mk2 ZS gets loads of attention especially when it sounds like a Touring car on full throttle like mine

best test for the ZS180's engine is a 30 -90 in 3rd gear best ive managed is about 13seconds which is about the average time for a slightly modded 180

Not so sure on the clio though
I honestly havent a clue how my car sounds from the outside! Ive been meaning to get me Dad to do a driveby for me on a nice stretch of deserted road I know, but havent got round to it yet. All I know is the V6 and Xpower zorst sounds amazing from the driving seat, so must sound pretty good from the outside too!
Old 10-08-08, 08:02 PM   #29
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
I honestly havent a clue how my car sounds from the outside! Ive been meaning to get me Dad to do a driveby for me on a nice stretch of deserted road I know, but havent got round to it yet. All I know is the V6 and Xpower zorst sounds amazing from the driving seat, so must sound pretty good from the outside too!

I di post a video on here of how mine sounded ill route it out for you unless youve seen it already

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showpost...7&postcount=10

Also just to add by the time i hit that corner i was doing 60mph

Last edited by Bobdope2002; 10-08-08 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-08-08, 08:04 PM   #30
TjP

I dont think Ive seen it. What exhaust do you have on yours?