theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 30-04-17, 10:36 PM   #11
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
I doubt I will get time to do that but I do know a guy who would. But, I would advise seeing any car before purchasing it. Just so you're happy in your own mind.
Old 30-04-17, 11:30 PM   #12
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
I doubt I will get time to do that but I do know a guy who would. But, I would advise seeing any car before purchasing it. Just so you're happy in your own mind.
Ok I'll have little think tonight.i really need some more info on ur unichip is it plug and play??
Just got bit looking into as I want to put my supercharger on this engine but mine already has piggy back ecu...so dont know how well ur engine will work without ur piggyback cos I need mine keept for the supercharger or can you use them together??so I need bit research as you can see.altho I can swap it all over I really am very dum when it comes to ECU and how all works.
Bakermgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-17, 11:59 PM   #13
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
From what I have read about the uni-chip it only takes over at high rpm when there is a risk of running lean. It's not a sophisticated piece of kit. I think it only splices into 3 wires from the loom off the ECU. I don't believe the original ECU was remapped but I may be wrong?
Old 01-05-17, 07:37 AM   #14
Bakermgzs

Bakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the roughBakermgzs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
From what I have read about the uni-chip it only takes over at high rpm when there is a risk of running lean. It's not a sophisticated piece of kit. I think it only splices into 3 wires from the loom off the ECU. I don't believe the original ECU was remapped but I may be wrong?
Morning have been doing some reading it does say if it spliced into ecu it can ruin things removing it defo if you got cams and pulleys.so need ring round.do u have train station close by?
Old 01-05-17, 08:12 AM   #15
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

Mornin' Birmingham international train station is right by M42 J6.
Old 01-05-17, 12:53 PM   #16
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
if I was in the uk I'd buy that in a flash 😫😫😫
Old 01-05-17, 06:03 PM   #17
Bakermgzs

Quote:
Mornin' Birmingham international train station is right by M42 J6.
Right brill that means I can pop down and get it myself if has mot the just really need insurance which il sort if I buy. If all is good then I do want to buy I have the money here.but being a bank holiday I can't get hold no one.i no ur engine will work in my car with supercharger but for me it what I do about the piggy back ecu from urs and mine and what ever the dicision also who will tune it at the end
Old 01-05-17, 06:48 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
If I am reading this correctly you are planning to buy a very fine example of the 180, take the engine out and swap it into your car..........
Old 01-05-17, 07:00 PM   #19
Bakermgzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
If I am reading this correctly you are planning to buy a very fine example of the 180, take the engine out and swap it into your car..........
Totally mate I prefer hatchback the gona add supercharger after then respray mine
Old 01-05-17, 07:41 PM   #20
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

Ok, let me know when you're thinking and I'll check my availability.