theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-09-09, 06:49 PM   #31
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ZS-X View Post
yeah no doubting that ross its a very capable car, sie did 1.21's at combe the day i went first time with audi power and he had that full nos bottle in the boot.

Dave
blimey its better than i thought, going to get some weight out of the car, i will be adding custom heater matrix and fan though, cant be dealing with no heater lol.

wonder what shes capable of with the charger on and dta, the charger is good as the power is so linier and while the torque is low it will get me out of corners early. also it would depend on my driving lol.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 06:52 PM   #32
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That's one neat package you have there.
Old 19-09-09, 07:06 PM   #33
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
blimey its better than i thought, going to get some weight out of the car, i will be adding custom heater matrix and fan though, cant be dealing with no heater lol.

wonder what shes capable of with the charger on and dta, the charger is good as the power is so linier and while the torque is low it will get me out of corners early. also it would depend on my driving lol.
assuming it handles and lays the power like it did before then imo theres an extra 1.5 to 2 seconds max in the charger, no doubting it will be a proper quick car, good luck with it , cant wait to see it out and you driving it well.
Ive learnt power is a difficult way to reduce lap times for one reason or another, but damn its fun and once you can learn how to drive it and get the set up working well it makes for a lethal combo.....this is what ive been doing all year and im still not quite there, i think you will find it easier though as its not such a night and day transition.
All the best with it.

Dave

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 07:11 PM   #34
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ZS-X View Post
assuming it handles and lays the power like it did before then imo theres an extra 1.5 to 2 seconds max in the charger, no doubting it will be a proper quick car, good luck with it , cant wait to see it out and you driving it well.
Ive learnt power is a difficult way to reduce lap times for one reason or another, but damn its fun and once you can learn how to drive it and get the set up working well it makes for a lethal combo.....this is what ive been doing all year and im still not quite there, i think you will find it easier though as its not such a night and day transition.
All the best with it.

Dave
hopefully she will give around that time if not more, it just adds to the package the charger obviously gives it 50-60 odd bhp at the wheels more than what it had previous, and the way it lays its power down is what counts i spose.

dta opens up other options in the way the car drives, but to be honest i just want to have fun rather than chase lap times
Old 23-09-09, 07:55 PM   #35
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

been out in this tonight having a wee blat. it truely is a sensational car it does feel very different to my old zs, it really does run rings around it, and iv no idea what the suspension is set too (damping wise) just as i got it.

I have fitted sies seat again now after messing around with the brackets, which changes the way the car feels to drive from the drivers perseption.

I am going to install a custom heater matrix and fan whch i will try and pipe up to the screen with some ali, it will allow the car to be used in the winter and might help with misty screens, not somthing i have had a issue with yet but i can see it happening. this shouldnt really weigh to much either.

DTA s80 isnt in stock at dta untill october but i have a price to fit it and uprate my fuel pump so am going to wait, might not fit this to the new year or somthing, it really is a very fast car even on half throttle and changing at 5.5k.

the car sounds tremendous with its current exhaust, im not to sure what to do really as its quite loud, but no idea how loud, i dont want to get kicked of any track days i attend so i have bought a piper system, but not sure if i will change it yet.

also added a couple of my own stickers

Old 23-09-09, 08:10 PM   #36
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
lol!
Old 23-09-09, 08:12 PM   #37
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd love a car like this....its just awesome in everyway haha.
Old 12-10-09, 06:23 PM   #38
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quick question mate Im thinking about striping mine at some point, just wondered how do you close the door and then wheres the handle to open it??

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 07:07 PM   #39
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

no easy way,

i close the door by the top of the door card, there is some protector stuff there so you dont cut yourself it works well.

The cable you see sticking out the door card it what opens it, and its a simple pull to open. but not pull to close as it would break.
Old 13-10-09, 07:36 AM   #40
David

David is on a distinguished road
The must have drove through McDonalds drive through all night to grow the arse that big!
David is offline   Reply With Quote