theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 23-02-11, 07:54 AM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I think the vernier pulleys are becoming hard to obtain and that may stop cams being done.

I reckon 220 was the max for most mods like this, anything over is down to pot luck in having a superb standard engine, the rest being expensive mods and those moving away from the known territory.

On a more serious note kkman, before jumping in have you actually thought about the insurance premiums for all of this? I know there has been some things written in previous posts that has questioned this. I for one am unsure as to your current standing with regards licence and insurance due to previous issues posted on here.
Old 23-02-11, 07:55 AM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
On a serious note...

I know a few people who have highly tuned engines... one or two of them have rough idling.. becasue the engine is tuned that much (more for race\rally than road use though)

If I were you Kai, I'd stop and think, what do I want from this engine? if its out and out performance, then I would sell the 180 and pick up an EVO or something... If your intent on keeping the 180 and you want huge performance for minimal outgoings then sell the KV6 engine and stick a T Series turbo (easier and cheaper to modify) into it... or an Audi twin turbo lump.

Unless you are willing to uprate internals in the KV6 I don't think it will go higher than about 230 ish reliably... Although you could allways speak to QED who at one time were running a KV6 at 300 odd brake...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-11, 08:00 AM   #13
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I was seriously tempted by this car... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250772699431

Put the engine into a ZS... then a few more mods and possibly 300bhp ish - according to the advert... never followed that much on the VVC tuning though

Then sell the shell and bits n peices to recoop some of the money spent...

Last edited by ZS; 23-02-11 at 08:02 AM.
Old 23-02-11, 08:00 AM   #14
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Yer was going to say more likely to be 210-220 with all those mods, the kv6 is not an engine to chase numbers with!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-11, 12:14 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
You've not had the car a week, if you are already needing more power I suggest you sell it on and buy a more powerful car, that car is nice as it is!
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-11, 12:28 PM   #16
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
You've not had the car a week, if you are already needing more power I suggest you sell it on and buy a more powerful car, that car is nice as it is!
Where is the "Like" button when you need it... lol

I recon he's heard some "buzz" words and wants them on his car (Bit like my manager at work... ohhh whats this thing called a "cloud" lets get in on it as its the "big thing" at the moment!)

Old 23-02-11, 12:40 PM   #17
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
The guy's only asked for help to explain what he has read on various forums and opinions on whether they are going to be worthwhile ....

Bottom line is that if money is no object and you want the most powerful V6 ZS180 on the forums - they are all mods that others have - and if installed by professionals and then finished off with a remap - you will have one of, if not the most powerful ZSs on the forums with a very rare paint job too.

You do not have a slow car - but the trouble is that when using forums like this and XPF you hear about what people have done and if there's some cash in the bank, you think about doing them too.

If you've got so much money mate - good for you as the mods are very, very expensive and you won't get even a quarter of your money back when you come to sell. In fact it may put off a lot of potential buyers.

My advice - make sure that you are legally on the road - keep the money in the bank for a while - enjoy driving your car - and then after a few months, if you feel the need for more power - rather than spending ?2000-3000, move on to a Subaru or Evo.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-11, 04:01 AM   #18
kkman

kkman is on a distinguished road
What I'v got are:

1.BMC CDA INDUCTION KIT,

2.Blue Flame CAT-BACK TWIN EXIST EXHAUST SYSTEM,

What on the to-do list are: Be More Realistic Now
1. Decat or janspeed sports cat

2. may go for a janspeed exhaust manifolds and Y piece

3. Remap (any suggestion about where to do a remapping?)

---any one heard about PDTuning

remapping figure as shown on the website --- http://pdtuning.co.uk/ecuRemapping/mG.asp,

2.5 ,174 BHP, ?399, Power increases 15 BHP, Torque Increase 26 NM.

MG-ZS 1.8L

MG-KKman 0.18L
kkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-11, 07:03 AM   #19
ZS
IT Administrator

Personally I went for a Sports Car over the decat, IIRC you need the Sports cat coupled with the manifolds anyway in order to pass MOT's

Not had my car remap'ed and not heard of PDTuning, but sounds like good gains...

I think a remap should be the last thing you do, as it *should* compliment your other mods and allow them to work to their full potential.

Where does your CDA's Cold Air Intake route to? does it route into the wing?

Old 25-02-11, 07:46 AM   #20
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Personally I went for a Sports Car over the decat, IIRC you need the Sports cat coupled with the manifolds anyway in order to pass MOT's

Not had my car remap'ed and not heard of PDTuning, but sounds like good gains...

I think a remap should be the last thing you do, as it *should* compliment your other mods and allow them to work to their full potential.

Where does your CDA's Cold Air Intake route to? does it route into the wing?
Thats a much more realistic list, the 180 responds well to breather mods.

You wont get 15bhp from a remap alone, no chance. But with all those mods you will be within 195-200bhp. The remap will only make sure you are getting the best from the other mods. Its getting over the 200 mark when it gets really expensive.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote