theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 15-09-13, 08:43 AM   #121
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMPSKI View Post
So happy with how both of ours have turned out.
But his is broken now
Old 15-09-13, 08:52 AM   #122
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Well when you fancy a run out, I fancy that mesh change too. My lower front appearance seems strange in that you can see too much behind it - cables etc. Would need a hand though - free T, coffee and sarnies.....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-13, 09:11 AM   #123
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
But his is broken now
Oh damn forgot about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Well when you fancy a run out, I fancy that mesh change too. My lower front appearance seems strange in that you can see too much behind it - cables etc. Would need a hand though - free T, coffee and sarnies.....
This was one of the reasons I done mine, I could see too much behind the grille including the green base coat for PBT. So I painted that with underseal and the mesh hides everything else + looks awesome.

Wouldn't mind coming to yours and helping at all. Just need to tie it in with driving down south as your's is pretty much on the way
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-13, 11:11 AM   #124
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
...This was one of the reasons I done mine, I could see too much behind the grille including the green base coat for PBT. So I painted that with underseal and the mesh hides everything else + looks awesome.

Wouldn't mind coming to yours and helping at all. Just need to tie it in with driving down south as your's is pretty much on the way
Just give me a shopping list and let me know then pal. Did you match up the bonnet grill mesh too ?
Old 15-09-13, 05:44 PM   #125
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
What do you mean by match up Dan?

I used the same mesh as with the bumper mesh, but it needs to be much more precise with the cutting and i used some small penny washers to hold the mesh down with the screws

Fitted the rear electric windows today. They work fantastic! Didnt even know there is also a console isolator switch which is very handy with the kids.

Thanks to Skillen for providing some help via text, it turns out you can put the plugs the wrong way and operate the windows with the lock/unlock fob and lock/unlock the rear door using the window switch!
Old 15-09-13, 05:57 PM   #126
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

I used the same mesh as with the bumper mesh, but it needs to be much more precise with the cutting and i used some small penny washers to hold the mesh down with the screws

Fitted the rear electric windows today. They work fantastic! Didnt even know there is also a console isolator switch which is very handy with the kids.

Thanks to Skillen for providing some help via text, it turns out you can put the plugs the wrong way and operate the windows with the lock/unlock fob and lock/unlock the rear door using the window switch!
Yes great for the kids as we are in control!

Also I found my windy windows dropped now and then which this will cure.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-13, 06:01 PM   #127
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:

Exactly that mate - just if you'd done the upper and lower mesh at the same time.
Old 20-09-13, 08:35 PM   #128
POMPSKI

Black Oak Facia/Strip & Surround is en route, as is a replacement external temp sensor & white door loom clip that i snapped when installing the electric rears!
Old 20-09-13, 11:18 PM   #129
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Nice one ....
Old 22-09-13, 04:00 PM   #130
POMPSKI

Im still after rear cards with strips and no winder holes, also after a standard gearknob.

Black Oak will arrive this week so I should have waited until that was in really

It isnt a mirror, just a PBT door

Steering Wheel, rear electrics switches

Door cards with no winders!

Map Pocket

Last edited by POMPSKI; 22-09-13 at 04:04 PM.