theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 22-10-10, 07:48 AM   #11
gsinclairzs

gsinclairzs is on a distinguished road
I ordered motobuilds 30mm for my 120. They sent me honda civic pi springs, so the car sat lower at the front, because of the 16 v. The rear didnt come down at all. After a few phone calls they sent me 2 new springs for the rear, although they messed up and sent me 1 front and 1 rear. I would advise anyone not to buy their 120 springs as you can get exactly the same ones for ?60 on ebay and as said they wont lower the rear.

2004 ZS120+
Lowered (30mm Moto-builds)
Fog Lamps
MK 1 Door cards
MK 1 Sill plates
Rear Headrests
180 Body-kit
11 Spokes
Extreme & Lip Spoilers
Drilled & Grooved Discs, Front & Rear
K&N Filter Panel
Lotus Cam Cover
Chrome Dial & Heater Rings
gsinclairzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 09:15 AM   #12
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

Ravinder_Tomcat220T is on a distinguished road
I would simply advise nobody to go even near them! Every springs that they introduced for the R8s were all cut springs! Funnily enough, I still have the receipt from when Motobodge supplied and fitted the springs which came on the car when I got it. Can't remember exactly but something like ?200-300 to cut original springs and fit them back on.
Ravinder_Tomcat220T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 09:19 AM   #13
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
Are they naff for all the parts because I got a pg1 linkage rebuild kit off them a few months ago when I had gear problems (turned out to be the slave) because if they are I wont bother fitting it.
lawrence-zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 10:27 AM   #14
Ravinder_Tomcat220T

Ravinder_Tomcat220T is on a distinguished road
Dude, they're pikeys! Just don't go anywhere near them!
Ravinder_Tomcat220T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 02:58 PM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-zs180 View Post
Are they naff for all the parts because I got a pg1 linkage rebuild kit off them a few months ago when I had gear problems (turned out to be the slave) because if they are I wont bother fitting it.
As Ravinder says, the R8 springs are all cut standard springs, I have a set for a 180, which are alleged to be Koni, but I reckon they are also cut standard 180 springs.

So, for some things they are pikeys, the PG1 linkage rebuild kit is ok though, I used one and it fitted fine and improved the gearchange 100%.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 05:26 PM   #16
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
Am i reading this right??
Motobuild springs are just cut standard springs? (surely thats illegal??). Need to know as im looking at buying some motobuild springs! (surely not)
nath86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 06:08 PM   #17
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Personally I rate motobuild - like many places they will get their share of bad feedback and although their prices tend to be quite high they are not trying to rip people off, I had an interesting conversation with the owner once on that topic and a former employee.

I would suspect that if Daryl was selling cut springs he would have had them done properly and had them heat treated.

Personally I am happy with every dealing that I have had with them, I once tried buying some wheel nuts from him for my monty estate as I had just got some alloys to replace the steelies and they use different nuts, he told me, rather than spend ?4 a nut how to get them for free, that was a loss of ?64 to him!
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 06:34 PM   #18
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Personally I rate motobuild - like many places they will get their share of bad feedback and although their prices tend to be quite high they are not trying to rip people off, I had an interesting conversation with the owner once on that topic and a former employee.

I would suspect that if Daryl was selling cut springs he would have had them done properly and had them heat treated.

Personally I am happy with every dealing that I have had with them, I once tried buying some wheel nuts from him for my monty estate as I had just got some alloys to replace the steelies and they use different nuts, he told me, rather than spend ?4 a nut how to get them for free, that was a loss of ?64 to him!
That's when u know ur speaking to a good garage/supplier

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 06:51 PM   #19
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
motobuild have changed... they no longer convert etc... just parts.
suits them, they have some intresting stuff on their website...

former employees....... yeah ok.. lots of storys to be told...

regardless i 100% doubt they are cut springs!!!!
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 06:59 PM   #20
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Well, if the springs I got from them are Konis, I'll eat my intercooler

They do however have some decent stuff on their website.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote