theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-06-13, 06:41 AM   #1
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
battery

Right guys the battery in my mk2 180 has finally given up the ghost after nearly nine years service.what type do I need to replace it with I.e size Ah ratings and the like.quickeplies required as I currently run out of electricity within a day of a jump start .
Old 17-06-13, 07:30 AM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Eurocarparts mate - type in your reg and they'll tell you. Off the top of my head, I don't know. Got my Bosch from there free delivery was about £45 ...
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-13, 07:43 AM   #3
Ippon

Ippon has a spectacular aura aboutIppon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Right guys the battery in my mk2 180 has finally given up the ghost after nearly nine years service.what type do I need to replace it with I.e size Ah ratings and the like.quickeplies required as I currently run out of electricity within a day of a jump start .
I bought this, 8 weeks ago .... 10/10

The spec is in this link ..... took 5 mins to swap over .... got a nice green led on it to indicate charge ...

The Alphaline sealed calcium battery is one of the best car batteries on the market. Features include: Long lasting service life, reliable starting power, unique safety design and comes equipped with a charge level indicator. The battery has a calcium tin-alloy technology, enveloped separator for low electric resistance and advanced centre lug technology. You wont find a better battery for this price.

Last edited by Ippon; 17-06-13 at 07:47 AM.
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-13, 08:01 AM   #4
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
From looking at my oe batteries recently I am fairly sure it is 63Ah bud

Last edited by Maxfly; 17-06-13 at 08:21 AM.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-13, 08:16 AM   #5
grimmy

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Thanks for your help guys much appreciated.
Old 17-06-13, 10:52 AM   #6
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
The generic part number used by most places / factors would be an 075 as the standard unit for the zs. Does most of the Mg/Rover group as the uprated battery but is standard for the V6.
Old 17-06-13, 08:24 PM   #7
grimmy

Thanks guys all sorted now via goldie .cheers again for the help.
Old 17-06-13, 09:35 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Top man Goldie.