theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 10-04-14, 06:03 AM   #81
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb 180 View Post
We still enjoying ours and they are alright to work on too. No where near your power but still an awesome car in standard form too.

Once you've driven one it really does impress tbh.

Later 2.5's did have a lot of engine probs I see.
It really imprezas me....sorry haha

Think the 2.0 is just as prone tbh for bottom end, think perhaps the 2.5 isn't as forgiving for poor mods.
Old 10-04-14, 07:01 AM   #82
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
One of the lads in my work has the 2.5 and its currently in having a rebuild after the bottom end gave up after the oil pump failed.apparently Subaru know about an issue and blame it on bad mods.this car however is standard and has been serviced according to the schedule.
Old 10-04-14, 09:32 AM   #83
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Before Grimmy posted up, I know of 3 others that have gone from ZS's, all 3 have had engine problems.

Must admit I was tempted, but that put me off, plus the ones I could afford, around £5.000, all looked dogs!!!
Old 10-04-14, 11:41 AM   #84
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
No engine problems here.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-14, 11:56 AM   #85
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good, long may it remain.

I always thought it was the way they were used before they come up for sale. Get a looked after one and you are OK.

Old 10-04-14, 05:25 PM   #86
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Tbh when you start pushing over 100 hp per litre, if you don't maintain it properly or don't let it get up to temp you can't be surprised if it goes wrong
Old 11-04-14, 06:03 AM   #87
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Go for it Pete. We picked up 87k well presented one for £1,700 last of the classic shape when all little niggles had been pretty much sorted. Lad and I share costs, park it on mother in laws drive and go for a spin most weekends or I take it to work for my 3 days.

Lovely car for so little and brilliant drive.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 05:48 PM   #88
Ritchy
technically an expertish

A fairly standard wrx should be more reliable than an sti. All depends on the car and what mods ect it has
Old 11-04-14, 05:58 PM   #89
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

got a 160 TF, instead. Fun little car for a quick blast, but like the ZS Derv better.

Think I'd wrap anything more powerful, up round a tree or something.

Old 11-04-14, 07:18 PM   #90
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
It really imprezas me....sorry haha

Car is looking mint Ritchy, well played my friend well played
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote