AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 24-06-13, 09:59 PM   #21
TonyK7ng

TonyK7ng is on a distinguished road
Cool,
Not too big are they.
Ill pay at 9am tomorrow morning if that's good with you mate?
TonyK7ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-13, 10:09 PM   #22
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK7ng View Post
Cool,
Not too big are they.
Ill pay at 9am tomorrow morning if that's good with you mate?
Think its a 3 inch tip inwardly rolled. Tomorrow is fine mate.

Its fine little dirty as the car has been sitting for a while but nothing a bit of a clean and polish wouldn't solve.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-13, 10:14 PM   #23
TonyK7ng

Sweet as. Will add my card tonight might send on a min mate
Old 24-06-13, 10:23 PM   #24
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
I do apologise for sticking my nose in here especially if I've got the complete wrong end of the stick but the exhaust your after is for your hatch back zs isn't it? I may be totally wrong but may be worth checking with Matt of his is off of a hatch or a saloon as the later will not fit unless you like a really long tail pipe or like cutting and playing with pipe work which won't really work on a janspeed / Xpower box so much.
Again I apologise 100% if I've missed something or got it totally wrong but just incase you get something that possibly won't be a direct fit.

I only say as I thought all of Matts previous ones had been saloons?
Old 24-06-13, 10:26 PM   #25
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
I do apologise for sticking my nose in here especially if I've got the complete wrong end of the stick but the exhaust your after is for your hatch back zs isn't it? I may be totally wrong but may be worth checking with Matt of his is off of a hatch or a saloon as the later will not fit unless you like a really long tail pipe or like cutting and playing with pipe work which won't really work on a janspeed / Xpower box so much.
Again I apologise 100% if I've missed something or got it totally wrong but just incase you get something that possibly won't be a direct fit.

I only say as I thought all of Matts previous ones had been saloons?
Ah if you do have a hatch then it won't fit proper.

Cheers craig I didn't think about that!

Project Typhoon
Old 24-06-13, 10:34 PM   #26
TonyK7ng

Arr okie dokie,
Ill skip on that then pmsl
Really not into cutting things up haha,
Will give power flow a tinkle in the morning see what they can do for me aye.
Thanks Craig
Old 24-06-13, 10:38 PM   #27
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M17TT180 View Post
Ah if you do have a hatch then it won't fit proper.

Cheers craig I didn't think about that!

Didnt want to stick my nose in but thought would ask just incase.

When I bought my first Piper rear box for my hatch the guy said on the add it came off of a hatch back but I don't see how as when we lined it up it was nearly 18" too long compared to the old rear box. Put it on the hangers and low and behold it stuck out by about a foot. Was not too impressed.
As I was fitting it at my mates garage, across the road is a metal fabricators so we quickly asked if we marke up where to cut would they mind shortening the actual tail pipe, as the pipers aren't rolled, just one sheet of alloy for the exit itself so can be cut down when really needed.
They did it for £10 which gave me a perfect fit. It became a 4" straight cut rear for a hatch when it started as a 4" slash for a saloon.
Ive now got Brett's old full Piper cat back slash cut pipe on mine.
Can't really do the same with the Janspeeds or Xpower, whichever way its badged as would totally ruin the pipe. Shame as it would've looked nice on the hatch with that tail pipe.

Last edited by Craig-ZS180; 24-06-13 at 10:41 PM.
Craig-ZS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-13, 10:40 PM   #28
M17TT180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Didnt want to stick my nose in but thought would ask just incase.

When I bought my first Piper rear box for my hatch the guy said on the add it came off of a hatch back but I don't see how as when we lined it up it was nearly 18" too long compared to the old rear box. Put it on the hangers and low and behold it stuck out by about a foot. Was not too impressed.
As I was fitting it at my mates garage, across the road is a metal fabricators so we quickly asked if we marke up where to cut would they mind shortening the actual tail pipe, as the pipers aren't rolled, just one sheet of alloy for the exit itself so can be cut down when really needed.
They did it for £10 which gave me a perfect fit. It became a 4" straight cut rear for a hatch when it started as a 4" slash for a saloon.
Its tucked away I'm the garage now as got a full Piper cat back now so just swapped it over.
Can't really do the same with the Janspeeds or Xpower, whichever way its badged as would totally ruin the pipe. Shame as it would've looked nice on the hatch with that tail pipe.
No glad you did mate, don't wanna be selling something that won't fit right!

BTW i'm breaking a mk1 180 so if you need any other bits everything forward of the rear window is the same between hatch and saloon.

Project Typhoon
Old 24-06-13, 10:51 PM   #29
TonyK7ng

U was lucky then mate,
No harm done at the end of the day.
That's y I think this site is no1 for zs owners as everyone is great on here.

Never mind matt, worth a punt though aye lol
Thanks to you both for your help
Old 25-06-13, 12:14 PM   #30
Craig-ZS180

I still have the old one sat in the garage at present Tony, I don't think there was anything wrong with if from memory but if you want I will have a look when I get a moment and can send you a couple of pics of it if you'd like.
If you did want to give it a try then I wouldn't be after much at all for it, as I say I had to get it cut to fit, it did fit lovely once on there and sounded sweet too.
Anyway, I just thought would put it out there after rethinking last night as a (if it is all sound) cheap nice looking and lovely sounding back box that will bolt straight on as the faffing has already been done.

Pm me if you want or through here, either way just as an option as its just sat there.