AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-13, 10:46 AM   #1
ZSONE80

ZSONE80 is on a distinguished road
What a bullsh1ter!

Agreed to buy a yellow mk2 180 off of a guy in brum for £1600 last week. was going to collect today, text me this morning with "i sold it to someone else" i know he was a registered member on here and he is a complete moron and not to be trusted. i hope if somebody has bought it from this site they didnt pay anymore cos it aint worth it. GUTTED! thats 2 people from brum that have done this so far to me. I could say a lot worse but it would only get removed
Old 25-05-13, 11:28 AM   #2
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Unfortunatly if you dont leave a deposit then people will probably sell if someone goes to buy it, if he turned that guy away and you wouldnt take it then hes basically lost out on a sale.
Old 25-05-13, 11:41 AM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Tough one really -for me a car's not sold until a deposit's been handed over - or - it's on somewhere like here and you can trust a gentleman's agreement.

Shame you've been let down, but maybe a sign and there'll be another out there.
Old 25-05-13, 11:49 AM   #4
reaper0709

reaper0709 has a spectacular aura aboutreaper0709 has a spectacular aura about
Happended to me a while back but that was because i didnt leave a deposit...found a lovely motor 10 times better a week later though. Maybe you'll get lucky! sorry to hear though.
Old 25-05-13, 03:14 PM   #5
ZSONE80

It needs loads of dosh spending on it but i think it will just end up getting more battered, i think im gonna give up with looking for a mk2 all the ones i have seen are just crap boxes. All the boy racers have got hold of them and just trashed em and moved on, only a handfull left and they are being kept. You just cant trust people anymore they are just greedy.
Old 25-05-13, 03:37 PM   #6
Sev

Sev is on a distinguished road
What a poor reaction.

You agreed to buy it last week and pulled out, after further negotiaton we agreed a deal for a lot lower than what I wanted. As others have said a car isn't sold unless you put money down beforehand. What did you want me to do, knock back the bloke who offered me the advertised price? For all I knew you were going to pull out again this week.

As for the comments on the state of the car they are fully unjustifed in my (and everyone who I have met in clubs and meets) opinion as bar the stone chip damage the car is in great condition.

I shan't be using this forum again (even though I now have another Mk2) as I feel that instead of ringing/texting me direct you have decided to run me and a really lovely car down for no reason other than you didn't get it for peanuts.

Poor show as the rest of the guys on here seem to be genuinly nice lads.
Old 25-05-13, 03:43 PM   #7
ZSONE80

Trouble is truth hurts. Why keep me hanging on all week untill the day im due to pick it up? Where i come from your word is your word, and as for peanuts you agreed the price! CASE CLOSED.
Old 25-05-13, 03:49 PM   #8
Sev

Sev is on a distinguished road
I'm not going to have an internet argument with you mate, but where I'm from I wouldn't talk about a man behind his back on a forum. Sorry you feel this way but it's a poor reaction.

Hope you find the right car for the money you want to spend.
Old 25-05-13, 04:32 PM   #9
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Thread closed - each party has said their bit - no need for anything more to be said.
Closed Thread