theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 31-12-13, 11:30 PM   #11
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Needed a new car that was fairly sensible (4 door and big boot for family), always liked the mk2 zs, know the k series inside out and it was cheap. Plus gives me something to tinker with which keeps me out of the wife's hair.
Old 01-01-14, 01:40 AM   #12
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
bought mine for 11k 9 months old, 10 years ago in april....

the only reason was it was better to drive than a leon, it was better on insurance and fuel than a celica, and i loved the looks.....

pity it never went as well as it looked in factory setup, but then a derv beating the flagship v6 was never going to be allowed to happen at the time.... here is hoping i crack tat 200barrier in 2014 though
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 02:55 AM   #13
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
Pretty much only owned MGR cars since 95 (only people that would give me finance lol) then in 2004 i went to upgrade to a top spec 45, and sat in the showroom was a starlight silver ZS120 Pre Reg with only 38 miles on it, for £7995 and the rest is history as they say had MG's ever since, 1 x120 2x180 and a ZT 1.8t with a 75 tourer thrown in as a stop gap lol.

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 03:04 AM   #14
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I was looking for good value and decent power to upgrade from a 1.2 Punto. I paid over £7k on my first mk2 180 and was hooked. I still haven't found a car that handles as well that's of similar age/value. I still love my fifth one as much as my first!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 03:26 AM   #15
ZSbhoy_1724

ZSbhoy_1724 is on a distinguished road
My parents owned 2 400's a 200 and a 25 so there was always a bit of brand loyalty in the family then in 2010 my mother wrote off our Freelander. We bought the ZS as a cheap run about and I fell in love with it then in June of this year my parents bought a new car and I was looking for my first car so I gave them 2,000 for ZS and the rest is history
Perfected by MG
ZSbhoy_1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 06:47 AM   #16
maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
same as a lot of folks on here it wasn't because it was cheap !!
I got mine the first time around in 2003 and paid £6250 for it (bearing in mind at the time I worked for a mg dealer and it was on the pitch for £10950)
kept it for more than 2 years (I normally change my cars every 6 months maybe less) sold it to a mate who badgered me for it for ages !!
she kept it 6 years then I got it back
I initially got one as I fell in love with driving them in the garage and had to be a TB saloon(the original and best look at all the initial release pics for them!!)
had many rovers before and many mg,s since but this one is a keeper now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0410.jpg (80.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-01-14, 07:46 AM   #17
MG mad

MG mad is on a distinguished road
I've wanted one since I was did my student engineer internship at MGR not long before the close and I got to drive a couple, not driven any other FWD that handles so well. But there aren't many in NZ and the last one I was in a position to buy wasn't that tidy and the seller was being unrealistic.

So when we came to Germany it was time to buy one.

"Driving sideways is the Meaning of Life"

1987 MG Metro - 1440cc fast road car
1988 MG Metro Turbo - standard, for now...
1970 MG Midget - 1.9L Scholar + big valve VVC + supercharger + RWD = YEEHAA!
1996 MGF 1.8i - Project Rally Car
1998 MGF Abingdon - Wife's fun car
1972 MGBGT - Project V12 MGB (Wife's money pit)
2005 MG ZT-T 260 - Wife's sensible car
2001 MG ZS 180 - LHD - sold to brother
2003 MG ZS 180 - Hurrah!
1956 MG ZA Magnette - the "wife wants to keep me busy" car
MG mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 08:31 AM   #18
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Got my Mk2 when I had a TF and the wife's MPV broke. With 2 kids, a 2 seater was plain silly as a 2nd car. Passed a Peugeot dealer who had a Mk2 on the front. Looked awesome and they offered stupid money for the TF in px.

Having bought it I found this forum.

Something like this keeps the interest going in the car instead of it just being a car - if you follow me. It turns into a real interest/hobby, rather than a hunk of metal to go from A to B that you take to the garage when something doesn't work.

I've had a few, and a few other marques as everyone knows, but the value of them just keeps me coming back. I now geninely believe I have one of the best.

It's not the fastest - it's not the cheapest to run - but the initial outlay was very cheap and there's nothing that compares for the money. That's true for me having spent very little on it - and for those that spent more many years ago. Pound for pound - one of the best.

Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 10:16 AM   #19
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
We were looking for a family car as I'd just got rid of the Range Rover that had replaced the Espace and the Monty estate 7 seater before that.

I was actually interested in a scubby but Mrs TC saw this yellow MG on Autotrader in a garage about 20 miles away, I was driving in that area that day so drove past, liked the look, arranged a test drive for the same evening and the rest is history - mine was cheap, only £3500 for a 6 year old car with 51k and a full belts service.
Old 01-01-14, 11:03 AM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I grew up with MG Midgets and then MGB GT's.

When the tin worm got into my last B, started looking around for another MG to replace it. Looking through Ebay saw this Yellow ZS, Derv with a massive spoiler. Deposit paid and a train trip up to London.

Never even seen a ZS before, but for £4250 for a 3 1/2, year old car thought it was a bargain.

First time I saw it, the garage guy drove up to the tube station and I thought, Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Loved it from the first drive, I knew so little about the ZS derv, I thought I was getting a BMW derv engine, but the old L series, is a solid old lump.