theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-01-14, 12:19 PM   #21
markyp

markyp is on a distinguished road
I have had two zr's mk1 105+ and a mk2 trophy se , so fancied an upgrafe so got me a mk2 zs 120+ very nice car loads of extra's like heated seats, climate control, sunroof and parking sensors so not bad spec , and they look great with the body kit and 11 spoke wheels .
markyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 01:06 PM   #22
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
I got my mk2 back in 2007. It had 27k on the clock paid £8500 for it and I still love it now . Its the only mgr car I,ve owned as ive always had fords besides two Vauxhalls but enough said about them lol . I always liked the mk2 zr and I was thinking of getting one of them till a stopped at the services on my way to ford fair and seen a brand new mk2 180 in xpg it was the first time id seen a mk2 and it just blew me away it looked amazing the rest was history . I finaly got one a couple of years later and like I said I,m still loving the zs to this day.
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 06:51 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Hi and welcome to the forum markyp.
Old 01-01-14, 07:13 PM   #24
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
I was a Cavalier fan but when the first Vectra's came out I did not like them plus they had loads of teething problems. Was walking through hospital car park when I first heard that v6 gossamer sound and wondered what this car was. From start loved the look whole zed range.

Was looking at boring old metalic silver Fords on forecourt then strolled over to MG dealers. I said I was not a boy racer but liked a meaty car then he showed me the xpg 180 that I loved from first glance. Went for test drive that evening on trade plates and made myself afford the car basically and loved every minute of ownership for the ten years I had her.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 06:43 AM   #25
dida4g

dida4g has a spectacular aura aboutdida4g has a spectacular aura about
I came to Rovers through Copart in 08'.
I needed a bigger and diesel car so I landed on a p.reg R400, moved to a w.reg 2 yrs later then to the ZS. Only had ZS engine issue due to tensioner not being changed by previous owner garage.
Old 02-01-14, 04:14 PM   #26
Dave

Dave is on a distinguished road
I got my ZS derv, after my R25 derv basically went to scrapyard heaven.

Needed/wanted a bigger car, as my daughter is all grown up, and is tightly packed in the back seat of the R25!!

Looked around on ebay, came across my one, and the yellow attracted me straight away!!!

Was at a good price, and the car looked great, and i knew i would be adding my personal touch to it as well.

Overall i am happy with the car, just not got the same love for it as i did initially when i first got it.

Cheers
Dave

MGR East Anglia - THE area meet, for all enthusiasts of MGR
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 06:34 PM   #27
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Needed something to replace my Rover 211 with and after seeing the original X20 images and then the BTCC cars I always wanted one.
I paid £3750 in 2006 for a 02 plate 120 with 25k miles. 7 and half years later I still have it with 99k on the clock. The last few years I have been looking at other cars (even had a deposit on a ZT before it was discovered the car was a write off!) but nothing comes close for driving pleasure. I am tempted by a 6 as they do drive well, but I would miss the ZS so much!
Old 03-01-14, 12:01 PM   #28
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
I'd had a ZR105, then a Cat C ZR100 TD, which I'd just got how I wanted it when it got majorly hit and comprehensively killed. I pressed another 3 door ZR TD into service to replace it, but this Mk2 ZS TD came up and it looked as though with a bit of work it could turn out to be a much nicer car.
So I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit buying one because it was cheap - too cheap to resist.
However since then I've put a lot of time, effort and money into it, and it's rewarded me by being one of the most frugal, reliable, yet well equipped and entertaining cars I've ever owned.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-14, 06:12 PM   #29
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
had a vectra 2.2 sri,swapped it for my first zs 4 years ago,had site stickers on it,so logged on here,turned out it was one of the mods old cars (craigs),we got in touch,was easily my favourite car,but in 4 years ive had 3 180s,and a zr 105,they have had there problems but worth it,very underrated cars
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-14, 07:19 PM   #30
mrmick

mrmick is on a distinguished road
Well after owning no end of rovers my fare share of zs and zrs i broght and sold the dark fantasy one i seen a sunspot yellow one and fell in love with it that was 3 years ago .love it that much we brought another one a year ago also sunspot yellow for my wife both mk2 180s take a lot for me to part with these
WARWICKSHIRE & NORTHANTS RAPID RESPONSE VEHICLE.
winner of best zs saloon zs monogram and modded zs also 2nd best car of show at first Mgww meet
Winner best zs saloon at MG saloon day burghley house 19th july 2015
mrmick is offline   Reply With Quote