theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 13-03-13, 05:41 PM   #11
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Thanks Guys, took it a test flight and Fell in love. Pulls brilliantly and the acceleration is scary at first but will be fine when Ive built my confidence up after a while.
Dont get it delivered for 2 weeks so that gives some time to source Levers,
bar ends,mirror and service stuff..
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-13, 06:25 PM   #12
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Great bikes.

Mate of mine had one exactly like that and we used to go for a few rides at the weekends together. Certainly showed my VFR 750 up - or me as a rider perhaps .... - through the twisties and the roundabouts, but when we got to where we were going I was the one that could walk about having travelled in comparative luxury !!!

Just promise me that you won't buy a set of matching leathers .... If you do - you have to stay on the bike. Walking around doing the shopping in a full set of blue and white leathers is just wrong !

You'll find that unless you're travelling at speed where the wind helps to support your body - unless you're a little guy - your weight is so far forward your wrists will hurt for a bit as the posture is so biased. You'll get used to it though.

Enjoy - but ride safe mate .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-13, 06:43 PM   #13
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
My mate had one of these when I was pottering around on my NSR 125 almost 20 years ago. Was a frighteningly fast machine, and he did come off it and still walks with a stick. Prefer a nice cocoon of metal around me whilst motoring these days. But nice bikes if ridden safely.
Old 13-03-13, 07:21 PM   #14
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Promise Dan I wont be wearing the matching Power Ranger suit, there are some very good styled Kevlar jeans atc that look pretty much like standard clothing.
Safety will be paramount & looking into a refresher day with an instructor
Not taking pillion as an option on the insurance so only riding one up till maybe next year for some short touring to the coast etc..
Old 13-03-13, 08:04 PM   #15
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Gsxr 750

Love gixer's, I have had a few :-)
Last was a track k7 which was about the best all round bike I have ridden.
The 99 u have there I a superb bit of kit but the chassis is short so watch for a worn rear shock, it will squat and shake its head like a good un!

Man I miss my bikes! :-(
Old 13-03-13, 10:05 PM   #16
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Gsxr 750

Very nice mate had one same year as that. Although just changed it for a blade.
Will certainly make you smile!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-13, 10:14 PM   #17
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Very nice mate had one same year as that. Although just changed it for a blade.
Will certainly make you smile!
Fireblade was my other option,one on Autotrader in Edinburgh £1495- Stunning bike
just thought it best to go with the GSXR to get back into the swing of it.
Old 13-03-13, 10:21 PM   #18
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Fireblade was my other option,one on Autotrader in Edinburgh £1495- Stunning bike
just thought it best to go with the GSXR to get back into the swing of it.
Yer mate test road a new blade said he had it up to 155 in 4th! Mental machines!

I had some kevlar jeans form my bike, great to protect against road rash but won't do anything for initial impacts.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-13, 07:53 PM   #19
maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
Nice gixer
Alas i have just sold my yamaha yzf 750 to fund my zs 180 still a bit gutted but i wanted the zs back more

Rob
maxtherotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-13, 08:43 PM   #20
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Great bike. Scary mind you